So me and my boyfriend have been together for a little over 2 months, and everything is way more serious than what people think. Were both 17 and we love eachother a lot. My parents say were too young to know what love is. they want to move out of state but i dont know what i would do if i had to leave him. My parents just dont understand that i cant see my future without him in it, and he says the same thing. people think its dumb how we are but were in love and he doesnt like my parents because they dont like him. My dad is always starting stuff with him but he overlooks it because he knows that if he says the wrong thing to my dad, he could stop us from seeing eachother. If my parents really did move out of state im running away until im 18. i cannot be seperated from him. he means way too much to me. i love him more than anything. can anyone give me some advice on how to make my parents like him more or something to make things a little easier???? please???

Look. You just need to take a breath, calm down, and think about this rationally. I'm kind of in the same situation. I met a guy online and we have been dating for almost 5 months now. We are both 18 and my parents don't like him. They think that he gets in the way of my schooling and that he isn't good enough for me. I've never been the type of girl to really like a serious relationship but its different with him. We talk about marriage all the time and everyone thinks we are just dumb kids.

If you really, really feel this way about your guy try to work it out, involve your parents, sit down and talk with them. Make sure you don't get all emotional and start yelling and threatening them with running away because your parents will associate your guy with you running away. Besides, trust me you don't want to lose your parents. Go along with them until you can seriously do something, such as moving closer and being able to support yourself. Go to the same college if you can or ones close enough that you can see each other. Have a long distance relationship. It's hard but they do work out. I'm in one right now and we skype every night before we go to bed, and text all day. We try to see each other at least once a month because we live kinda far away from each other. You might find that your relationship with your guy actually gets stronger and and you get closer. You learn so much more about a person when sexual tension and all that kind of stuff isn't in the way. It forces you to talk and really get to know one another. It also makes you have a stronger bond because its hard to be away from each other. It makes the moments when you are together all the more sweet.

If you are compliant and you try to see things from your parents view point they will be the same way. If you give a little, they will be more willing to give a little. So try moving with them if they decide to, and keep working on your relationship. If it really is love, you can stand the test of time and distance. If not, this is will show you how it is. IF you show your parents that you are willing to work on your relationship and fight for it they will begin to see how serious it is.

Compromise. Its the one thing that can get you everything you want and keep everyone happy. You might have to give up seeing him everyday by moving, but you don't have to give him up completely. Being with him long distance is better than not being with him and your parents will see how much you care if you show them this.