I was wondering what makes us stay although our relationships have fallen apart or are not as good as they were before? I am in a fairly bad relationship. I do love my boyfriend but we don’t get along anymore, we fight often and everything seems so wrong. Every move, his or mine is not good and I often feel like ending but I never do. I can’t explain this! Sex is great and we do love each other but we don’t function well together. Do you think this is good enough reason for breaking up or should we stick to love anyway and good sex?

I have the same problem v_v

he doesnt physically hurt me or anything.

its hard to explain.....

Life is to short to be unhappy or in a relationship that is not all you think it should be. If you feel that you don't work well together then you need to listen to that inner voice and find something better for you. I know it might be hard to make the change but good things are always worth the effort. We all have that little something that tells us when things can and should be another way, pay attention to this feeling and you'll thank yourself!

Many people stay in relationships, jobs whatever way to long becasue it's scary to think of being alone or out of work or what have you. Change is what makes us grow and gain wisdom. You have to think about what you will find and how great it will be when you get there.

I hope this helps you find an anwser to what's been on your mind :-)

Take care!

not like i would no i never been in a serious relationship or anything cause im only 15 but My mom says thats normal in a relaionship its like apart of the relationship and all relationships have there ups and down ur always gonna be fighting and all that stuff. But then again it could be that ur partner or u are getting bored of eahother and wanna try something new but i dont know i could be wrong.

Relationships do have there ups and downs but when you have these feelings a lot you have to wonder why you think this way you know.

Only time can tell, but if you find yourself unhappy for a loong time then I say leave...what's the point.

I agree with all the above.

Arguments in a relationship is a HEALTHY relationship. Most surveys come back and couples have atleast one serious argument every 2 days.

What I suggest?

I suggest you think way back to the times we're you both loved each over, and when there was no arguments, i.e. when you both started dating each over, the times we're you was at your best and try to do more things like you did then. Try going to the cinema as your the one with the worrys let him have the choice of film cuddle up in the back row a kiss here and there it will bring you closer! then the following week do something different go to a theme park and enjoy yourselves!

I believe when your both in each overs company and your both enjoying yourselves it brings both persons together.

I hope mine aswell as all the above help you in your situation :)

All the best,
Shane

I would break up personally.

I see no reason to suffer for sex (And I am male!)

You may have feeling for this man, but once you learn to control your emotions, you will no longer fall into these traps.

There can still be PASSION however, believe me. Between you two? Not a good idea in my humble estimation.

Edit: please note that I am into casual relationships, and not long term ones. What others have said may be valid.

It's probably not as bad as it all seems.

Just give it a bit longer.

Maybe we stay in bad relationships because in the back of our minds we remember what we were like without this person in our life and how we felt lonely for however long it was between your last relationships. One of my major reasons for staying in a relationship was because I loved being able to go to my girl friend whenever I felt lonely even the littlest bit.

That and the sex was good... just kidding... I would be perfectly happy being in a relationship and only kissing if I loved the person. Thing about why you are still with the person from a mental point of view instead of a physical "I like the sex" point of view.

Sounds like my marraige. We stay I guess for the kids and possibly because we are too lazy to go through all the trouble of divorcing and splitting up our stuff. I find myself fantasizing about living on my own and actually having a life again. I work fulltime and so does my husband. we have 4 kids together the youngest being 12. All Boys! We do not have sex anymore in fact I have started so many arguements over wanting or the need to just be a woman and not a mother. He justs shuts down so now we hardly speak and I leave him alone and he leaves me alone. Why all this happens I don't know? Why we stay, another mystery. I feel though that when our 12 year old grows up and moves on we will have no reason and someone will give in to the misery and move on. I am sorry for your relationship but I do agree life is too short. My reason's for staying are selfish but they are MINE for now!

heya im in the same situation. whats happened is that you have gone past the honey moon stage, what me and my boyfriend do is sit down every now and again and talk about everything thats happened to us during the week concerns and things like that. And if there are things he does that annoy you, im sure there are things you do that annoy him, so tell eachother what it is. Maybe he is insecure the best way of dealing with a bad relationship is talking about it...

xxx

I was in a relationship that was a 2 year honeymoon. Best thing to ever do is sit down and talk...now you have heard this alot. What I mean by it is sit down and talk about EVERYTHING. For example, me and my ex were having problems becuase of her sexual past that was never spoken of untill later into the relationship (we were already living togheter). Sadly if i would have known about these things I would have never touched this girl. From now on if I think i may be getting serious about someone...they better be ready to talk about the most uncomfortable sh*t becuase I will never...EVER put myself in that situation again.

"We stay in bad relatinships because we fall in love with what we dont fully understand"

I just went through a relationship were my ex and i lost our son after being pregnant for 5 months...things became worse as he became a binge alcoholic and our depression got so bad that we pushed each other away. Something makes me think that if we didnt have this loss it would have been easier for us, but he became very verbally abusive to me, so i had to leave. I love him and miss him, but i know that its for the best. I just needs some type of encouragement to know that what i did was right and in the process find myself a little more.

Hi Simone,

The reason many people stay in "bad" relationships is because they have a fear of change. It is always hard to step out into the unknown especially since you have been so used to sharing your life with someone for so long.

If you know in your heart that you want to leave your current relationship then, it is important to remember that change is not a bad thing. It takes time. Yes, it is always difficult at first because you are so used to living your life with this person, but give yourself plenty of patience and time to adapt to your new way of life. Focusing on the positives and staying optimistic is also the key. So many people revert back to their old relationships because they do not give themselves enough time to adjust to their new life.

If you feel that your relationship is worth staying in and working on - then sit your partner down and talk to him about how you are feeling and tell him that you are at your wits end. See if you can both implement some changes to make your relationship better.

At the end of the day, this is your life. You need to ask yourself if you want to live it in an unhappy state or if you want to make the most of it and live it happier! It is all up to you.

Wishing you all the best.
Cassie
Happy Life Space

I totally relate to you. I have a so so boyfriend. We have been a relaitonship for nine years and it seems to never get better. I even have broken off the realtionship before and took him back. It seems as if he takes me for granted but I emotionally don't know how to flush him out of my system. It is amazing how i never thought that someone could have my heart wrapped around their finger and just eat it with no remorse. It seems as if one day he cares the next day he doesn't. How do I get through to him and make him wake up. I guess the answer is I can't I just have to figure out how do I wake up and break away from him. That is the advice I need to move on with my life. I want to be with him but I don't want to suffer in the process.