Ok this has been going around for way too long. I have been going out with this amazing guy for 2 years 2 months and I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART. But recantally (2 months now) i have been feeling sick constantally when i thought about him or was with him, there was one point in time where i couldnt eat, smile and i couldn't go to sleep without crying. He knows everything about my problem and has been the best person ever, holding my hand through all of it. At one point last week for a few days i felt amazing, it was like nothing had happend, but then it came back a few days later. I question myself over and over again why this is happening, and we think it might be all in my head and it will go away someday, but i just want to know is there anyway to speed up the process or is there anyone out there like me or have had this problem befoure. I love this man and breaking up with him is out of the question, like all my friends say if we were to break up it would mean the world was going to end. I love him and we (my boyfriend and I) just can't stand being like this anymore. HELP!

Sounds like its in your head. Think positive and try to make yourself remember all the good times you to have shared together. This has happened to me before and usually looking at old pictures or remembering the good times seemed to help.

Hey, thanks for your reply i shall try this as i shall try all options :) thanks from both of us.

Hey, I hope this has gotten better for you since this post is from 2 months ago. Maybe you can give me some pointers? I have the exact same problem. Identical to your description of it. I have some techniques I've used that have helped so maybe we can swap experiences? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I'm so sorry I haven't responded. I am so happy now, my boyfriend and I are together and stronger then we were before. My life felt like a drain for months however during my sickness (as we call it) I found out things about myself, and about him. I found out not everyone can be perfect as I expected him to be. Along with this there was another guy that I was friends with, not knowing I did have feelings for him (not as much my boyfriend but I did) When I realised this I felt guilty, but I got there. I realised it's not my fault and it just happens. My number one piece of advice for a couple is COMMUNICATION and I can't stress that enough. He's helped me more than anyone has. Every now and then I may feel a little sick, but it goes. I still have no idea of what caused it, and what brings it back, but what I do know is that I love him more than anyone else could possibly. We have been together now for three wonderful years, and are still going strong. I hope you or anyone else finds this information useful, and I'll be here for any questions. Hopefully by now it should be settled and you should be getting on your feet, oh and on a little note, DONT GIVE UP! I thought about this, and we took a break from each other but I found it made me feel worse. Don't give up on true love. xx

My Girlfriend gets incredibly ill when she is about to see me, vomiting and really sick. To the point where she won't let me see her some nights. We are perfect for eachother and neither wants to end it. But she is ill whenever she is with me and we have considered ending it so she can have peace. Could you provide any insight?

Love is a strong connection, use it! If something's troubling her help her as much as you can. When I was going through this stage my boyfriend never left my sight he cared too much to let anything happen, and although I was sick to my stomach especially when he was near he still loved me. There were a few times when I actually asked for a break but I believed it made it worst, take my advise don't give up! If you two love each other it'll happen. It may take a while but you need to support her and help her. I think what may be making it worst is the fear of losing you and that may be the reason to why she's pushing you away, in hope that she can fight it herself. I'm sorry I couldn't be much more help but that's how we got through it and were stronger and happier then ever. :)

Hi. My boyfriend is passing through the same thing that when we go out he feels this anxiety and then stops eating and tries to control his stomach but goes to puke. What is this? And i dont know how to handle it :/

I still to this day have no idea what it was. I would describe it as a deep anxiety attack of which had caused terrible pain. Every so often I remember those feelings but I try not to dwell on it. All I can tell you is not to give up! Its harder to give up and not know what you may of become then trying to work through it all. Still today I am with him and I still love him. I think I put him on a high plat form and when he made a mistake he fell. Tell your boyfriend to hold on I don't know what the cause can be all I know is that it is fightable. Good luck.

Hi.I know this happened a while ago but I'm going through it now and I don't know how to tell my boyfriend?

I'm going through the same thing but I had to end it with my boyfriend because I thought it was a major problem not knowing that others were going through the same thing

I have this problem too! It sucks so bad! Every relationship that I have been in I can't eat when around him, or when I'm about to see him. I feel sick to my stomach. I just started seeing this guy and been on 2 dates within 2 days. Even if i smell food when around him i feel like im going to get sick. I have lost 5lbs already and haven't even been seeing him for a week. I don't know how to control but I wish I knew how. I thought I was the only one feeling this way! Anybody have any tips to make this at least a little better?

I'm really surprised that this is something that is quite confident. What helped me was the support of him. When I felt unwell I would tell him and he would support me, he would always know how I felt. I've much too my surprise have been with my partner for over 5 going on 6 years and I could not be any less in love with him then I was at the beginning. Not giving up was seriously the best decision of my life, though hard, slowed me later on to accept that I had a problem and move on. If you feel the relationship is worth holding on to, keep it.

I went through the exact same thing. And I know this sounds bad but I broke up with my boyfriend because of it. I still love him but to make you better you need to quit dating for a while. That's what I did. I've now been single for about 2 months and this anxiety sickness is going away and has been gone ever since we broke up. I'm considering getting back with him and I've told him this. Just tell your partner you need a break. I know this isn't the anwser you were hoping for but your health comes first.

I have had this too but I know I love him and if you love someone you work through it. I had it with my ex but he was not supportive or told me I needed help. It actually is caused by anxiety and will go away eventually but don't leave someone thinking it is them because you'll make the worse decision of your life there. This is caused by being worried about future things or having past nerved with commitment mine was my parents divorce but even so it's almost been a year with the guy I am with and that makes me anxious and scared ! But I also don't want to be without him he's been a blessing to him so they are worth it to fight it
And to realize it is an issue just keep working on it and realize it wil lgo away eventually