Hi there, I am a guy who is 16 years old. My parents are going to divorce. I am very sad about this and I wonder if I could do something to stop them. I knew that things are not great but I didn’t think that they are so bad. What can I do right now? Can you please tell me? Thank you for your understanding.

Hello there. You have to understand this. Nothing you could do would help the situation. It is all up to them. This is not your fault. You should talk to them and then you should say how you feel. You will see that your parents will understand you fully. Their relationship towards you doesn’t have to change a lot. You can spend time with both of them. I know how you feel because my parents divorced too when I was a teenager.

Maybe it is healthier for your parents to divorce. Perhaps individually they will function better than they do together. There is nothing you can do. They both know it is hard on you, especially at this age, it is very difficult. These things happen. They have their reasons and you will still be able to see both parents. You have aboslutely nothing to do with the divorce, and although we all wish we could somehow heal things, we can't.

You will get through this :-) Just don't let it get the best of you. Alot will change, but your relationship with your parents wont. They are both still there for you, just because they arent living together doesn't mean you lost your family.

Hey! I know its hard, but things will get better. There's nothing you can do to stop what is happening.

My parents split up when i was 14 - my dad had an affair with a woman from work who he went on to marry.

My whole family was devastated - especially my mum but she's doing better now and me and my sister are both fine.

I have nothing to do with my dad anymore - haven't spoken to him in 6 years.

Just because they are getting a divorce it doesn't mean you can't see either of them and you'll work it out. As the others have said sometimes its better for people to split up and move on, you wouldn't want them to be unhappy?!?!

Talk to your friends and your parents and let them know how you feel. It might make things easier.

Take care.