So 3 days ago I started getting pain in my lower right wisdom tooth and in my throat when i swollowed. I've had pain before but this time it was severe and I had alot of stiffness in my jaw. I went to a dental hospital and had some xrays done and I'm going to have my widsom teeth out *scared* but for the mean time, i was given amoxycillin to be taken for the next 7 days. I swear its getting worse. I can barely open my jaw and it feels like my face may explode. its been 24 hours and i feel just as bad. When will i start to feel better and has anyone had this problem with thier jaw being so sore? Its swolen and i look hideous. I'm a drooling, starving mess and i look like a ventriloqust when i try to speak. I'm worried this will never go away and the infection will spread! Is this really a result of an infected wisdom tooth? It's AGONY!

Mate, I had/have this problem. Need to get my wisdom teeth removed now after a swift left fist to my jaw realigned my wisdom tooth so that infections start between the gum and tooth. Problem is, I can't have the tooth removed until my jaw heals - 4 - 6 months. First time it swelled up and I had pain (serious pain) I was put on Augmentin, felt better after 2 days. Now I have a repeat of Amoxycillin. 2nd day on this and not much improvement. How did you get on?

have the same problem, was put on keflax i think, i am taking double the dose cause i just got the meds yesterday, i have noticed improvement, and i say that as if i am happy.....however the improvements are nice, but i can still only get about 2 to 3 hours of sleep at a time. i am going to the dentist today for an emergency visit, i am having them take out the problem teeth, i will let you know how it goes, but yes i know the pain you are feeling. i am not a weak guy and i have cried my eyes out at times, like i said i have seen improvements but i still have sever pain. my advise find a dentist that will just get them out. some will do it even with the infection there, just depends on who you go to.

i had the same problem about 4 days ago, got some meds then went to dentist yesterday and had a toothe removed, was only in the office for about an hour, then left went home slept for along time, and hey!!! i feel great now, the only downside is that you have a lil pain, i mean nothing like what we have had to endure before removal but just a lil sore spot and tender jaw thats all..... get to the dentist, have it yanked lol. you will be happy the next day.