My name is Lisa. I have been sick for what feels like forever already! Here is what happened. In September I woke up with a really bad headache, it went away but in it's place my skin became extremely sensitive and my appetite vanished. I began to feel very weak, dizzy and began to be very shaky. I went to bed hoping to sleep it off and was rewarded with a very bad fever. I was given all sorts of night time cold medicine to knock me out for the night. I remember that it was very hard to take the cold medicine capsules because it was painful to swallow. In the morning the fever had passed, but it was replaced by rancid breath and puss coating my red, painful, swollen tonsils. I still felt weak, I was very easily fatigued and was bed ridden for at least 4 days. I had visited a doctor who didn't even take a throat swab, but just prescribed antibiotics. I took them as instructed and the puss went away, but my tonsils were still red, large and painful. I saw another doctor who took several throat swabs to test for mono and strep. Both came back negative after multiple tests. This doctor has ordered several blood tests and all that has showed up was a very low iron level but normal feritin levels, and a high level of c-reactive protein. I am taking the blood test again and am seeing a ear, nose and throat specialist later this month but I am scared about what this could be... I have lost around 20 pounds, I have a normal thyroid, and I have no idea what is going on! 

Could be Epstein Barr Virus (aka the kissing disease)?

I believe that Epstein Barr virus causes Mono, which I have been tested for several times and have come up clear in all of them :( I go see a specialist on Monday so hopefully I can get some answers there.