Hi, in the last few weeks I often felt tired and had headaches. I thought it was just flu, and I waited for it to go away on its own. However, it was only getting worse. New symptoms, such as sore throat appeared, so I went to a doctor. After some tests, I found out that I have mononucleosis. Can you give me any information concerning this disease?

Hi, my son had infectious mononucleosis. This disease is also called glandular fever, and it’s usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Besides sore throat, my son had swollen lymph nodes and extreme fatigue. Mononucleosis is known as kissing disease, because it’s usually transferred in saliva. But you could also get it via airborne droplets. It takes 30-50 days for incubation period from infection to when the symptoms first appear. I can recommend you the same things that doctor recommended my son: lots of hot drinks and resting. You should remember these things, because there’s no other treatment for infections caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Mononucleosis will probably go on its own after couple of weeks.