Hi, I have acute EBV infection. Is EBV life-long persisting in body? I suppose that in case of immune deficiency virus gets it’s chance to reactivate and cause an infection.

EBV (Epstein-Barr virus) is responsible for mononucleosis. Symptoms of infectious mononucleosis include fever, sore throat, and swollen lymph glands. Sometimes, a swollen spleen or liver, heart problems are also noticeable. So, the symptoms of infectious mononucleosis resolve in 1 or 2 months. EBV remains dormant or latent in the body or the rest of the person's life, but it doesn’t represent a life-long threat. From time to time virus reactivates, but no infection symptoms occur. This reactivation usually occurs without symptoms of illness. Some reports suggest that EBV can be related to development of some uncommon cancers.