Hi. I was diagnosed with mononucleosis. I know mono is caused by virus. My doc said soon I`ll be fine. However, I can`t stand the symptoms. What are my chances of catching the mono virus again?

Hi. You can`t have mono twice in your life silly. The virus will remain in your body, but you will develop antibodies. You will become immune to Epstein-Barr virus which causes mono. So, your chances to catch the mono virus again are zero. I had mono too. I was kissing with a girl and I think she had mono. Maybe not. However, they call it the kissing disease. And she was the last girl I kissed before I was diagnosed with mono. I don`t know about incubation period. Anyway, you can`t get mono ever again.

I realize this is a old comment on not being able to get mono more then once in your life but I wanted to add that you can get mono many times in your life, yes it does stay in your body forever but it can reactivate and if viral levels go high enough you can develop mono, plus their are other viruses besides epsten barr that can cause mono.

I had mono in sixth grade and now 8 years later I have been diagnosed with mono again so yes, you can have it more than once.