Hello. I need some advice here. My son has mono. The cause of his condition is the Epstein-Barr virus. I found out that value of the herbs in treating the Epstein-Barr virus is good. I need some information what herbs I can use to reduce fever and night sweats the he has. Thank you.

I know a couple. You can try with Ferrum phosphoricum, it suppose to be valuable with the early stages of a fever, painful cough and for the people who feel exhausted and have night sweat, but if they are read and hot try with Belladona. You can use combination Kali muriaticum and Ferrum phosphoricum for treating mono if he has swollen glands. No scientific studies have reviewed the value of herbs in treating the Epstein-Barr virus, although herbalists are using herbs that boost the immune system in trying to prevent or treat viral infections in general.