Day Of The Tonsillectomy /Day 1
Im 28 male from England,,,,,,,,,,,,
[11am] I was wheeled down to the operating theatre, on a bed, by two attractive nurses. I was then greeted by a masked surgeon who put me to sleep. Next thing I knew I was awake approximately half hour later [11.35am] Tonsillectomy now successfully performed. I was in no pain or discomfort at all. I was wheeled to my ward where I was given two huge jugs of water. I promptly drank one jug straight off, wasn't neccesarily thirsty, I just thought it for the best. An hour after the operation [12.30am] I had meat balls and chips, ate them very easily with only very slight discomfort albeit no pain. At this point I was drinking water like a fish, rushing to and from the toilet. About 6 hours [5.30pm] after the operation I began to feel quite a bit of pain in my throat, the nurse gave me a dose of medication - codeine, which after 15mins did relieve me. By [9.00pm] I was discharged, armed with plenty of codeine and voltarol. The pain in my throat was now becoming more intense. At [9.30pm] I took another dose of medication - 4 hours after the previous dosage, just as the nurse advised .I got home and ordered a pepperoni pizza. My throat was in moderate pain at this stage. Took me an hour to eat the pizza but I was determined, followed by yoghurt. All this time im drinking gallons of water. Im in bed for [11pm] I slept good until [3am], the medication must have worn off so I topped myself up and was soon asleep. So first day - not too bad at all! :)

Day 2
I awoke about 9ish. Only slight discomfort in throat but no pain. Had cornflakes and skimmed milk for breakfast, washed down with lots of water. I also had a small bottle of sparkling water. Went out shopping, kept upto date taking the medications, and had hardly any pain all day. :)