I just wanted to post this...i also want to opoligize. i should have posted this a year ago when i found it to be true.

A year ago I took a month and a half long perscription of suboxone 12mg a day to come off of a 6 month long regimen of methadone. I was told that the suboxone could make me feel funny a couple days after quiting but that it would not be anything serious. I laugh at this now. Many of us now know that this allegation is pretty untrue. I had pretty severe withdrawl symptoms from Suboxone.

So, to spare you the long story, by accident and chance i found something that greatly alleviated my withdrawl symptoms to suboxone. I only post this because when i was in the middle of suffering, i scowered these pages looking for the answer i am now posting.

Ultram.
Ultram aleviates withdrawl symptoms to suboxone. also, for minor symptoms i found that midol (which is pretty much a cureall anyway) works great for a couple hrs of relief. If you have any other questions or comments, you are welcome to leave them or hit me up by email.

Also, i just want to clarify. this is just what worked for me. i m no doctor. I just know that this would have helped me greatly if i had found this information back when i was suffering through work and school from something that WAS NOT supposed to have withdrawl symptoms..according to the doctors and pamphlets, anyways...you know?

thanks, and i hope it helps some of you.

I have used tramadol to help with the withdrawals but I guess the generic form of ultram isn't quite as good...it helped some but I still went 83 hours without sleep and at least three times thought or planned suicide. Suboxone withdrawal is worse than any other I can think of. I have had career junkies tell me they went back onto heroin, either smoked or snorted it and once the halflife of the suboxone was gone, just kicked the heroin by either weening or going to hydro's and weening. If I can find enough hydro's I will do that but without a script and my workmans comp insurance unceremoniously dropping me, it gets harder to do...

Be warned about Suboxone...it is nasty, nasty stuff to kick.

%-) sorry to hear that you are in such a tight spot. hopefully something will work for you. and yes. at the rate of these other synthetic medications..it might just be better to suffer through the 4 days of heroin withdrawl...

Dolphin I think I hear about it every other day but thanks for letting us know about the dangers of suboxone. I know that it's difficult for a lot of people but I don't think it registers for people how difficult it is to get off it. Thanks for posting on your experiences. How are you doing now?

Thanks everyone, I have Suboxone and Oxycodone here with me and was unsure what to take or if I should take anything at all. I have been on methadone for five years up to 120 ml's then dropped fast down to 10 ml's, with medical assistance. Once I get to 9ml's I withdrawal. So my Doc prescribed oxy's for two days then withdrawal for a day to start suboxone. My withdrawals have not been too bad going cold turkey. Light headed, no sleep and body pain, mostly in my legs and ankles and I find it hard to do every day chores but I am slowly feeling a bit better. Today I was thinking of starting my suboxone but after reading the troubles most of you have had I have decided to rough it out. Thanks for all your posts. Clint. I have been clean for 4 days. Off methadone for 6 days.(thought it was longer)c**p. still not going to work.... I might try tonight. Good luck all.

i got down to 2mgs or subutex sunday and its been 1 week and it sux what can i do please help somebody