I started suboxone treatment for short term detox off norco ( prescribed for back, had back surgery,now just want off everything).  I started Monday and this is Sat.  I didn't know what I was getting into, till I started researching and found out  the detox off the Subs are worse.  I need advice immediately on how to get off the subs immediately.  I am in nursing school and cannot and do not want to be on drugs.  I have been taking 8mg twice a day since Tues.  Today is Sat and I am going to go to 4mg twice a day.  Please any suggestions how to proceed from here.  I am tryiing to avoid long drawn out withdrawls from the subs, and don't want to get hooked on them too.  I am off work Mon, Tues, and Wed of next week.  Should I just stop now, since the withdraws from the opiates is probably over?  After reading alot of posts and my doctors behavior since Mon, ( he is already suggesting why not stay on it awhile, what is the hurry.  He knows I only wanted to use it to avoid the norco withdraws).  I am starting a recovery program to stay clean because I know I will probably crave the norco.  But I do not want to get hooked on the Subs.  HELP

I know how you feel

I know this reply is late, but maybe someone else can get something out of it. Yes, quit but dont drop out too fast. Drop down 2 mg a day till you get to 2mg for a whole day. Take that two days, then drop to 1, then to . 5 and quit for good. You will feel shitty in general. But its better. Minimal diarreah, sleep will be for 5 hours max a night. Youll feel anxious and you will crave dope.

I quit 10 days ago( opium; morphine, codiene, and whatever else i could get for 5 years) The amounts i took are hard to explain, but my eyes were rollong back in my head all day.

I went to a clinic that put me on 8mgs of bupe. I dropped to 4mg next 2 days, then 2 mg for 5 days. Ive taken nothing for about 48 hours. Im a little spazzed out, anxious, cold flashes, but i sleep a decent amount at night and the stomach pains are almost nihl.

Fast detox is the only way. Bupe with f**k u up if you hang onto it. Methadones a party.

If u choose to use opiates, be sensible. If u cant go a week without, run.

I personally love opium and will use again one day. I like subs because when controlled with fast detox, you can manage ok.

BUT I MUST EMPHASIZE: if you get hooked on bupe you will regret it. Not only will you have no high on it, but it will own you.

Just my opinion. Im not a doc. Just a poppy freak like he rest of them.

Great advice. Even 2 mg's of Suboxone should be enough to manage the worst of withdrawals for most people. Stop using them as soon as possible.