Is there any way to relieve them other than the hot water bottles, heating pads, and menstrual relief pills? Any sort of foods? Drinks?

Would a pain killer help? Don't worry, my mom's gonna give it to me.

You see, I have horrible cramps, and nothing seems to help! I can't take it any more. I'm just about to rip my hair outta my head!

And I've had a ton of clots too. And I'm on birth control pills to help regulate my period. No, I'm not pregnant. And my period is really heavy. I've had these pains, along with dihrea, for two days counting today. I'm SO MISERABLE!! I'm almost doubling over! :'( :'(

Please help me as fast as possible! :'(

Aw come on! I don't mean to be pushy but....I can't take it!! I need an answer!

thanks people T_T Y_Y

:-( periods suck, some lucky and EVIL peoples are light and only last like 4 days.

unfortunately you get people on the other end of the spectrum as well!

I did a little research and:

Painful menstruation affects approximately 40% of menstruating women, and 10% are incapacitated for up to 3 days.

An estimated 10 percent to 15 percent of women experience monthly menstrual pain severe enough to prevent normal daily function at school, work, or home

take some paracetemol/ibroproufen. it WILL help.
and remember to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.

apart from that I cant offer much. there arent any foods or drinks to help, apart from some old wives tale of a wacky herb but it will be a load of bullcrap.

well i have the same prob anthing no meds work for me and wont talk both contel

Hi Terri
i just saw your post and wanted to check that you have been checked out for endometriosis - I have this condition and the accompanying terrible period pain - i was always told by doctors "thats just the way it is for some people" and told to take aspirin (which didnt work anyway), It was only after many years when i collapsed suddenly and was rushed off to hospital and operated on, that i was told i had endometriosis - if you go to this website:http://www.endometriosis.co.nz/wa.asp?idWebPage=6472 and see if it applies to you - and get it checked with a good doctor (or two if the first one doesnt believe you!!!)
I am now facing infertility probably caused by this - not sure how old you are and your status with regard to having kids but i felt obliged to write as i think its so important women do not take bad periods for granted - they can be a sign of a medical disease
wishing you all the best
oh and my current pain killer of choice when things get really bad is a shot in the backside from the doctors of Ticotil (temoxican) or orally mersyndol
best of luck and dont suffer in silence!!!!
M

Aleve helps A LOT! I have such bad cramps it makes me throw up. my doctor told me to take aleve when you think my period is coming (you can take for about a week if it doesnt come, then id stop). but it really helps. ive only had one time (right now) where it hadnt worked. i would definetly give it a try.

i know how it feels , before i was really miserable and my period lasted literally for 2 weeks none- stop heaving bleeding everything. i went to the docotr and had that all worked out , they were very irregular, but anyways what i do , i get in the shower and have the water aiming on my stomach. For me midol works.

~ jamie

Hi Terri -

I know this reply is coming late, but I just read your dilemma. I too, suffer from tremendously painful cramps which are usually caused when my body is trying to pass clots. Typically, once the clots have passed, the pain subsides. I had my doctor give me a prescription for 500mg Naproxen. This is one of the ingredients in Aleve, but without any other ingredients mixed in. When I feel my cramps increasing, I take one pill, and within 10 minutes, my cramps are gone. I hope you find this information useful and can have cramp-free periods in the future.

Deana

go to superdrug and buy this little thing called MN8
its a little magnet thing you clip onto your underwear, it comes in different colours and its glittery!
seriously works a treat trust me!

i always have them at midday so in the morning i have a pain killer and just before bed i have this lavender cream that is for menstrual pain and you put it on externally on the lower tummy area and it sooths the pain.
i always find that this helps :-D

I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I wanted to add that I eat LOTS of bananas during my period. It helps me with the diarhea & a little with the cramps. Aleve is also what I take.

NONE OF THE SUGGESTIONS WORK. I USUALLY AM DOWN AND OUT FOR 3DAYS WHEN MY PERIOD COMES. I HAVE A PRESCRIPTION FOR VICODIN AND A VERY SRTONG ANTI-INFLAMITORY. IM CURRENTLY TRYING OUT BIRTH CONTROL AND WELL IT MADE THINGS WORSE. NOW THEY WANT ME TO TRY NORINYL. WISH ME LUCK. IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS IM OPEN. OH YEAH ON THE REALLY BAD DAYS IM IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM GETTING A SHOT OF MORPHINE FOR THE PAIN. TESTS HAVE SHOWN THAT ITS JUST A REGULAR PERIOD AND THEY CAN'T FIND ANYTHING WRONG....DOES ANY OF THIS SOUND REGULAR TO YOU? LOL

I had the same problems that went undiagnosed for 15 years. Missed school and work and had to plan my life around knowing that I would be writhing in pain EVERY SINGLE MONTH. I tried every pill known to man and felt that I went to just as many doctors who almost always said that my option was to take the pill or that after I had a baby that my periods would get better. It wasn't until I was 30 years old that a VERY specialized OBGYN felt that I had endomitriosis. I went in for surgery and it was everywhere. It was layered off and then I was put on a drug afterwards that put my into menopause so that my body would stop producing the hormones that made all those active sites react. I was then put on the nurva-ring (sp, it's a form of birth control that you insert every month and it rests around the cervix). I was a able to tolerate that birth control for a year...In the past it had always made me very sick, which it ended up doing, but, it gave me a year to keep healing those sites. Here I am now, 15 years after surgery and my quality of life is 95% better. I know only take motrin and use a heating pad when needed. You can really only find out if you have this by having them go inside....Please find yourself a good doctor. Painful periods are not normal and the pain can be debilitating. I know first hand and I feel for you!!!

Menstrual cramp was a nightmare for me. Lots of pills till I found the Magnetic therapy.
You can try "Therapeutic Magnetic Clip" that Amazon sales, it provides lot of relief.
Much better than alcohol or pain medications. Much less cost as well.