yes the best only thing that helps withdrawals is apple cidar vinegar you can buy as tablets gets rid of sweats/hot flashes. if you can drink it, do..

Most important thing is determination! You got to really want to be done. Second make an appointment with an addiction specialist doctor. This is what I have been doing. My appointment is in two weeks. In mean time the easiest thing to do is to taper ur dose down every three days. I was taking 80 to 100 mg a day and now iam taking 25 mg a day. Tmrw iam going to taper to 20mg. The extended release is best for tapering. You will experience withdrawl as u taper down. I have been drinking a lot of water and taking mulit vitamin and b complex vitamin. Iam also taking benadryl at night and tylenol extra strength during day and some tramadol here and there if I really need it. Also I have beem taking cough syrup with the active ingrediant dextromethorphan hbr in it. It has been hard at first and my emotions are up and down and I cry a lot but iam noticing that it is getting easier but u have to really want to be done. Make sure to see a doctor so u can get anxiety meds and counciling. Stay away from suboxine unless u really need it cus it is just as addicting. I have been doing this for about a week now

after four yrs of taking percocet, 120 mgs daily for a fractured jaw, i realized i was addicted and made every excuse in the world of having to stay on it. today is day 10 on a rapid detox. taking less then 30 mgs a day with the help of my dr. im alot 40 mgs a day from 120, and that was a decision i made. its hard, painfull, but i feel alot better about myself, i dont feel like i have to have the pills. the wds are just disgusting, but imagine a day when you look in the mirrow and be real, and say who am i, well my reply was, your a opiate abuser even if your taking it as prescribed. because if you dont take it, you go thru wds. so with that being said i finally made up my mind. and im almost over, aloha

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

do u really think that ppl who r addicted to pain medication really CHOOSE to be...I hate tell u but this is not what I had n mind when I got hurt at work 2 years ago (fell and tore the laberil tendon severely in my left shoulder, took 3 surgeries to fix it)....instead of workmans comp doing everything they could to address the pain i was n they just kept sending me to physical therapy and shoving pain pills n my pocket....i could not live with the pain....I have an autistic child who needs me as well as a toddler....so i took them so i could be a mother....well before i even knew it i was hooked and started to take them just so i could get the high....i am to the point that i can take up 20 of them in 24 hours and still function and not feel one ounce of pain....i keep trying to get it under control but i keep relapsing....i am now in NA and have been 1 day without them and i am already craving them...i cant eat, i cant sleep, i cry all the time because of the depression and severe pain....so no...i didnt wake up one day and say hey i think ill go fall and f**k up my shoulder so i can be a big pill head....thats what im gonna do today...i will never be able to not take my pain meds....i have to in order to control my pain....i have a physical impairment called RSD due to my fall....i do know that i need to get my sh*t under control tho....

iam so prodeof u iv been trying to do it on my own with no luck either.didnt know about things that can help u get off them will talk to my doc real soon good luck to u

I have been on any kind of pain pill I can get my hand on for 6 years . I got sick and tired of always wondering where the next one was coming from ,and even more tired of working my ass off for a pill . So I decided it was time to quit . So I knew someone who sold Suboxen so I got a few strips . But I took the bare minimum what the Dr recommend a daily dose was I took that in a week . I didn't want to change one habbit foranother. I did that for a month . It worked then I quit those too . Now its been 2months no pills and one month no anything. I also take B12 for energy. I feel great . I have no craving what so ever . I am very proud of myself. If I can do it u can too. It's hard as hell believe me I know this . But ever so worth it in the end. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Anyone struggling just know you will make it!!!! Don't give in or give up because you will be even more low and disappointed in yourself if you do!! Try the Thomas Recipe if you are going through withdrawals ! I made it to day 6!!!!! Trust me if I can do it anyone can!!

I want to thank every person on this site for helping me get through the hell that is opiate withdrawal. You are all so strong and I am a better person for finding you. At 17 I fell off a horse (who then fell on top me) and fractured a number of discs in my spine. It wasn't until years later that I began taking Percocet. The most fabulous drug ever. I was super woman on it. I was smarter, happier, taller! But of course it didn't take long to reverse. Over the past year my doctors added the Fentanyl patch 50mcg. So I'd been stuffing myself with pills on top of the patch until a month ago. I ran out of everything (I do have Tramadol) and began withdrawel. I was sick and actually thought about suicide. I went to my doctors and told them and we made a plan. I'm using my Trams to eliminate the patch and pills. It's been three weeks without them and I'm down to 4 50 mg tramadol a day. I am feeling so much better and can't believe that I'm doing it. Everyday I read the posts here and am encouraged by everyone in here. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

well i so wish it was that easy.....ughhh....i hate this i have been 5 days and i ust ate the tiniest iece of a sub ever! but ill bejust as sick tomorrow and have to work 12hour days...ugghhhhhh how can i feel better!!

no. but try pain management dr. I'm having similar issues. i hate the pain meds but have to come off to judge the pain levels every month. i feel like i have kicked 10 times just to feel the back pain come back again. now he gives me less pills at a lower dose . i have asked for shots but he just keeps looking at me every month and says not worry about it.

i think it depends on the doctor but i hear that they are all being monitored for how much pain meds they give out now.

honestly i was functional at least on 3 30 mg oxycodone and had a life now i sit in bed when theres nothing to do and try not to move and hurt my back and only take the pills when i have to do something physical.

I'm screwed either way. i was better off without the surgery.

I have the same my doctor put me on dilaudid he went from 4 a day down to 2

Oh my god the insomnia. My muscles twitch and ache. I just wanna sleep

To all of you who have quit and those who are trying: Amazing! Don't give up! There are several things you can try to help with sleep and other effects of withdrawal. I know it sounds corny but yoga and meditation are even used in hospitals to speed up healing and promote health of body and mind. There are also natural herbs that can help. Check into everything. The net is a wonderful resource. Deep breathing is really good, calming and restorative. It helps take your mind off of pain and relieves stress. Good luck!