I'm just writing to see if anyone might be able to identify with these symptoms and help. I can't afford to go to the doctor so I haven't gone yet.

A few months ago I got a hemorrhoid that I treated on my own with Prep H and Sitz Baths. It went away but ever since then I have been having narrow bowel movements that are way different from the ones I had before. They are usually about 3 1/2 inches long and maybe slightly more than an inch or two thick. (gross sorry) I have tried laxatives on a few occasions to try to get things moving normally again but laxatives only produce diarrhea. I probably have about 2 or 3 of these narrow movements a day and its concerning to me because I have no idea where all the food I eat is going. I used to have movements that were much bigger than this before the hemorrhoid problem.
I'm sure the obvious answer is that I should go to the doctor but does this sound like a life threatening intestinal/colon issue or just something that might go away like IBS? There is no major bloating or anything but there is occasional uncomfortable sensations in my stomach and I also have more gas than usual. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm 32 so this all seems really unusual to me for a guy my age.