For a few years, I suffered with sinus problems, which included dry, inflammed sinuses with a foul smelling, crust that developed in my nose. I saw doctors and was treated with antibiotics and decongestants with little help. I finally decided to treat this as a fungal infection myself with some tea tree oil and it worked!!!! I dipped cotton swabs in olive oil first, then put a drop of tea tree oil on and swabbed the inside of my nose with this mixture for about 2-3 weeks. Tea tree oil is an anti-fungal and is used to treat athlete's foot and nail fungus, so it made sense to try this. I diluted it with olive oil because it burned without it, and besides my sinuses needed the moisture.

I hope this helps someone out there.

I cured mine by eating pineapple. It has an enzyme called bromelain which is known to help with sinusitis. I eat a little every day.

Sometimes, if forget to eat it after several days I will start to get a sinusitis headache--if I eat a slice within a short time the headache goes away.

Also avoid petroleum based aerosol products (e.g., Shout) and avoid ice cream because it has a type of antifreeze that can exacerbate sinusitis.

I envy you! I have this issue as well, for more than five years and there is no still a cure for me and my sinus inflammation. Trust me, I have tried everything, all those natural medications, every other type of medications and still nothing. But I was reading your post twice - how do you mean you were cured just because you were eating pineapple? What does this mean? Is this pineapple really that powerful?  I mean, I am not a fan of the pineapple at all, but if it really helps, why not.

How often you were eating it and how? Let me know please!!!

I am a long term allergy sufferer and have noticed blockage on right side which I am sure is polyps/fungal. I have read in other blogs that it also shrinks the polyps. I am currently trying treatment and have found within 2 days sinuses already starting to open. I also incorporate tea oil into my nasal flush. Used about 4 drops and shook it well. Some may need to go less and I would recommend putting a test drop or to in an inconspicuous place such as bottom of side of wrist to ensure you do not have any reaction prior to attempting any of this. Thanks so much for the info and best of luck to all suffering with this issue! :-| 

nosila wrote:

I hope this helps someone out there.

Nosila I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart! On Wednesday night in the depth of desperation I starting googling natural cures for sinus infection and I luckily came across your post. I have suffered for over 10 years but the last month has been the worst time in my life. I truly didn't know how much longer I could go on with this pain and was very worried about my future. I immediately went to the first aid box and did the tea tree oil swab like you said and no word of a lie, within half an hour I was getting some relief. I have continued doing this 3 times a day and only 4 days later I feel better than I have in a long time. I am also oil pulling and have just started on the allergy elimination diet but it was def the tea tree swabbing that has saved my life. I can't thank you enough.

Hi Nosila, For how long did you keep the cotton in your nose? 5 minutes, 10 or ...? Thanks in advance.

Hi Nosila, Thank you for this information. Can you tell me, for how long did you keep the cotton in your nose? 5 minutes, 10 or ...? And how many times a day? Thank you in advance.

Sorry to burst your balloon byr the bromelian is in the green stem of the plant not in the pineapple itself. So it was not bromelian that helped you.

I read this post and it got me thinking.  There is a surprising amount of research on Tea Tree Oil (TTO) in the literature.  It has a remarkably broad spectrum of antimicrobial effect, though it can encourage the growth of resistant organisms if treatment is over-extended.  Olive oil seems like a perfect carrier, as it is non-inflammatory.  The solution seems remarkably similar to a product called Ponaris, which is a blend of tree oils advertised as a "nasal emollient."  The original post seemed to use an unscientific method of measuring the TTO.  So instead I tried measuring a quarter teaspoon and mixing it with 1 drop of TTO.  That's pretty close to a 5% solution, which I found recommended in a study somewhere.  The results were pretty rapid.  Within a couple days, the hard crusty jiggers were gone, and the green color of my nasal mucous turned white.  The inflamed sides of my nostrils turned a normal color.  One night I got the urge to use the TTO full strength.  That was a mistake.  It had a drying effect for several hours, but that passed without long term effect.

How did you apply this? I have just got a nasal irrigator because I think it is better than a neti pot. But I have also found that a lot of people say they have an infection in their nose when they do not. So they should not treat it as such.

It's also abundantly found in the core of the fruit which IS quite edible, if courser—and often cast off when prepared.

How about using probiotics? They sound like a good bet.

how long did u put it in ur nose.............please help me..........................I do have severe sinusitis, pain, foul smell such a nasty,,,, huhuhuhu

plsssssss help me, how long did u put the cotton

how long did u put the cotton???? please