Howdy.
I'm going from strictly running to doing triathlon, and just got a new road bike.
Till now, i've been using a hybrid or cross bike for commuting, so I am very used to that riding position.
Besides now being in a scarier position physically (thrown more forward), I'm also experiencing some aches and pains from the more horizontal body position. My neck and back are a bit uncomfortable.
Should I focus on more ab work and lower back and shoulder work in my resistance training to help support this new posture? Would that help?
Thanks

Can you switch between riding in the drops and riding on the hoods until your back and neck get used to it?

I remember that my neck used to get really sore because my gigantonormous head cantilevered out past my shoulders. Now I never even notice a problem.

It does take some time to get used to discomfort is to be expected but pain is not. Did they fit you when you got the bike?

my friend said she also had the discomfort at the beginning but got used to it.
I think it's from bending my neck to look up.

As for sizing/fitting ... they said that size was the right one for me based on my height. I rode it around and it felt ok, but it's not like i could do a long ride when I tried it out. And they didn't provide a fitting.
I'm supposed to be able to get a free 30-day bike adjustment; think I could push them for a fitting when I take it back for adjustment?

Ask them to check your fit. They should give you a quick 5-15 minute to look at reach, seat heat, etc.

Thanks, TriBob. I will do that...I was wondering if I should have the stem raised a bit, and hopefully they can tell me. I'd rather be comfortable than try to squeeze out more aerodynamic advantage at the moment.