I'm looking to get into road biking, and looking for a road bike to buy. I will use it to train, have fun and get fit on. I have a limited budget and am a complete beginner. Also, I am 6 and I don't know if it is of any importance regarding the type of bike. Based on those few requirements, what would be a good road bike for me to buy? I'm usually good at learning about new things, but in this case, I really know nothing about bicycles and I am not that stupid to go and buy something without asking for a little help.

If you want a perfect fit, for about $70, you can go to the quality bicycle shop and let them calculate your bike size using a computerized program called the Fit Kit. Theyll take various measurements such as, length of your legs, torso and arms then give you a printout of your measurements and which frame height and length best suits your body. The other way to do it is to pay special attention to the following things: frame height, frame length, seat and handlebar adjustment. You should also take a test ride to see how it feels. Once you select the bike to purchase, youll need some accessories. Most important is a helmet. You may also want to consider a tire pump, tube repair kit, pressure gauge, seat pack, water bottle and cage and a lock.