I keep hearing about cyclo-cross bikes. I dont know anything about it. My brother wants to keep riding during the winter and is trying to drag me into it. I am not very enthusiastic about riding a bike on cold winter daysWhat is this all about and which cyclo cross is the best for winter bike?

Originally it was used as a way for road cyclists to stay fit and keep their skills sharp during the cold months of the Northern European winter. Cyclo-cross bikes are fast and stable off-road but are not designed for big rock drop-offs. You can go to your local shop to buy a quality cross bike to add to your proud collection. The typical gearing on a cross bike is 48/38 chain rings with a 12-25 or 12-26 cassette. These may look like small gears on the road, but soon you will change your mind as you take this bike up short steep hills. Cross bike is essentially a modified road bike. You can set your bike up similar to your road bike in terms of saddle position. You can raise the bars a bit to improve the handling on the downhills. Otherwise it will be close to your road set up. The tires on the cross bike are a bit wider than traditional road tires. They also have a knobby tread. Still, they look slim compared to the average mountain bike tire. Cyclo-cross incorporates aspects of nearly every form of cycling, so if you live in a Northern climate, this helps you develop your race routine and improves your handling skills. Also it can be a great way for you to improve your overall skills and fitness during a potentially boring part of the season, so you will be more comfortable on the start line at the beginning of next season.