I'm a passionate mountain biker. Many mountain bikers love hardcore equipment – monsters that are fully suspended. I am one of them. We like to push them beyond insanity. I like to ride in country where there are many rocky ledges. So I've got to have a suspended bike. I can't make it up the climbs with a lot of extra weight. I need to lighten up my bike without sacrificing my suspension. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Your bike can go on a diet and lose a little weight. When it comes to cycling there are many instances in which being lighter is better. Your bicycle wheels are a part where you can get rid of a bit of weight. If you can spare some money, you can replace your conventional wheel set with a lightweight one. It can have a reduced number of spokes (some even have three or four aerodynamic, bladed spokes). You have to be careful though. If your wheels are too light you can lose your momentum.