Hi, I am 49 years old. Recently when I urinated just a few seconds after I finished it felt like I had to go again (even though nothing would come out) and there was a really strong tingling feeling in my penis. I think I could even call it burning. So, I went to a doctor who said I might have an infection and gave me cipro to take for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, after that did not help, I went to a different doctor who also took a urine sample and said there was no blood in it. He also said he didn't think the cipro would solve anything and gave me flowmax instead. Now I’m getting really aggravated because it has been a week and I haven't noticed any change!!! I still get that same tingling feeling as soon as I stop urinating!! Any ideas of what the tingling could be??? Please help.

Tingling and urinary frequency can be caused by stones or an inflammation of the prostate gland (usually called prostatitis). Symptoms that might occur include frequent urinating, burning with voiding or ejaculation, burning in the penile tip unrelated to voiding, difficulty with erection, aching in the penis and testicles… There are several types of prostatitis but most of them usually require a 4 week course of an appropriate antibiotic so try being a bit more patient. It is possible that your new doctor found the right cause and the med for it but that it just needs more time to give results. Good luck!

It may or may not be sexual. I had the exact same thing. It hurts like HELL. Well mine did. Did you end up peeing sperm? I did and oh my god, it hurts like crazy. This can be caused by sperm not coming out of the penis and going into the bladder. it sits there until you pee and comes out causing a nasty burning sensation. Sometimes it doesn't come out, hurting too. See if you can get ''Trimethoprim'' or ''Amoxicillin''. I had to have both but it DID stop the pain.

Good luck