Hello! My husband has recently been diagnosed a sleep apnea. He used to snore sometimes and walk to the bathroom during the night. It happened only occasionally but then it became more and more often. He started to be very nervous and tired during the day. His doctor said a CPAP device would help him. I heard there are many people who didn't tolerate CPAP and I am afraid my husband could refuse it too.

Hello! The best treatment for obstructive sleep apnea is CPAP (Continuous Positive Airflow Pressure). It is a kind of a special mask over the nose and a mouth which keeps the airways open by adding pressure to the air your husband breathes. It is effective and safe. Many patients reported anxiety and less sleep during the first week but he should not be discouraged. If needed, he can engage a nurse to ensure close follow-up. Sometimes certain adjustments to the device should be made but I am sure it will help him.