Hi, my husband is 38 years old, and he started getting some strange red rashes. Doctor examined him and didn’t find a single problem in blood or in the skin. That’s why he suspects that these rashes are caused by emotional problems, and that my husband suffers from neurotic excoriations. If anybody has this condition, please tell me something about it, and how can it be cured.

Hi, I suffer from neurotic excoriations. This is a condition of self-inflicted skin lesions produced by repetitive scratching. My underlying problem is emotional too. I suffer from anxiety, and in some moments, when I have seizures, I just can’t control my self. Along with neurotic excoriations, I have headaches that I can’t cure. I tried many medications, but there was no effect. Because my affected areas are infected, I treat them with erythromycin. You can use antibiotic if you have the same type of neurotic excoriations as me, but in some other cases, neurotic excoriations can be treated with steroids, and some lubricants for the ritual of digging.

I carry athletes foot spray with me

But I scratch in my sleep but it helps during the day