Hi, my very good friend had emotional breakdown when she divorced from her husband. As she was unemployed in that moment children belonged to him. It was very hard for her and she didn't know what to do in such situation. When she went to the doctor he told her that she had emotional breakdown. I would like to know something more about symptoms of this disorder.

Hi, there are many symptoms which patients with emotional breakdown describe. It is inability to sleep, bad appetite and lethargy. All these symptoms are described from patient's corner and main symptom which may be noticed is inability to cope with everyday challenges. It is sort of emotional exhaustion which is described as lost of confidence and self-esteem.

Hello there mag,

In most cases the symptoms of emotional breakdown are very much like depression. I am so sorry because I can relate to your friend. My parents divorced when my brother and I were little, and because of the unemployment we stayed with our father. It took one year to my mother to get her life back to normal.

She was completely lost, and with lack of self-esteem (they divorced because my father was cheating on her). You need to be very supportive in these moments and help your friend as much as you can. Don’t let her to be alone all the time in the house, but instead try to make her going places. I hope that she will recover.