Please help! I have had this incredibly itchy neurodermatis for weeks and nothing helps. Is there a cure for this? I am going insane from the itching. I have it all over my arms and legs, as well as my hips, breasts, and stomach. The arms and legs are the worst. I have tried steroid creams and antihistimines but nothing helps. I try not to scratch but sometimes it gets so itchy I go into a scratching frenzy and scratch all my skin off. Believe it or not it actually feels good to do this, until later when I'm all sore from the scratches. Can you help me?

You know that by scratching you only contribute to the skin damage.

Here are some tips that may prevent the itching and scratching: cut your fingernails, put ice on skin parts that itch, don’t wear warm cloths but cold and smooth to calm down the itching. If any of this doesn’t work, try applying dressings to the itchy parts.

Some people reported relief from topical creams that contained menthol, camphor, eucalyptus oil, and aloe vera.

Chronic neurodermatis is often relieved by injecting cortisone drugs directly into the lesions.

If your condition is making you nervous and anxious, ask your doctor to prescribe you some sedatives.

I have had neurodematitis for almost two decades ... on both outsides of my calves. It is painful, and embarassing -- and you are right, scratching feels great in teh moment. Kind of like 1 scratch is too many and 10,000 is not enough. I am now developing it under each arm. Have you found a treatment so far that works for you?

Hi guys! Have you tried sensicutan cream? It helped me heaps get rid of the itching. It was a lifesaver. I couldn’t help myself from scratching! I used to put bandages around the outbreaks not to scratch but it didn’t work. When I tried this sensicutan cream, the itching troubles went away.

My uncle brought it to me from Germany. I haven’t talked to my doctor about it. I got almost instant relief from itching. I looked it up on the internet later and found their site. It is actually a company from Germany. Here is their website…
http://www.harraspharma.de/, so give it a look and see if there is way to order. Let me know what you did!

I asked my Dermatologist about this cream and he never heard of it. I told him it is on the internet, and he said if it is from Germany he cannot prescribe it. It figures that the only thing that could possibly help me is something I cannot get!

i realize this is 4 years later - i sure hope you all found relief! i have neurodermatitis as well. i the one thing that helps me, in addition to putting ice on the area that itches instead of scratching, is an ointment called betamethasone valerate. i'm in the USA, so ii assume those of you in the US would be able to get a prescription for it from your doctor.

are you diabetic? have you started any new meds or eatting anything new?

hola tengo una amiga que toma gin chia dos veces al día y le a prestado para neurodermatitis, prueba a ver si contigo funciona es un adaptogeno de forever living product

i think u should try forever living products,they work wornders