I am a hiker for over than 5 years. Lately, I have been experiencing pain in my feet that enables me to walk a longer distances. I searched the web for some information about my condition and I came across term “planta fasciitis”. I would like to know more about this. How can I get rid of my pain?

Plantar fasciitis is inflammation of the fascia that encloses the muscles and tendons of the foot. Fascia is tough connective sheath tissue. Plantar fasciitis is caused by excessive walking, running, hiking etc. It is very common among the athletes. Basically, it is a syndrome of overuse and it is associated with the repetitive impact upon the bottom of a foot. It happens if athletes wear poorly fitted shoes or boots. Symptoms include pain and discomfort at the bottom of the foot. The pain is increased by weight bearing. Treatment of plantar fasciitis consists of rest, elevation of the foot with ice packs applied to the tender areas. Also, to ease the pain you can take some medicine like Ibuprofen but before that the best thing for you to do is to consult your doctor.