I was giving my three-year-old baby a bath when I noticed some strange rash. It was ring-shaped, placed on his back approximately the size of a dollar. I am sure it wasn’t there few days ago. When I explained it to my mother, she told me it might be ringworm. She told me it is harmless skin condition, but I am afraid if that is something else. Can you tell me what ringworms look like, so I can be sure?

Lesions caused by ringworms are slightly red, with a border of small scales, blisters, or bumps. Those lesions are well demarcated, which means there is a very sharp border between the infected and normal skin. Center of ringworm is often clear, almost normal appearing skin. Lesions might vary in size from dime-sized up to several inches across. Usually ringworms are found on the face, trunk or limbs. Sometimes, it looks like several close lesions are merged together, forming a multi-lobed appearance. General rash of fine, red bumps can appear elsewhere on the body. This is a kind of an allergic reaction to the fungus that causes the rashes. Usually ringworms will make your child scratch at the spots. This might increase the chance of him spreading it to other kids with his hands.

Ringworm is possible - however at the time my little brother was born, my sister and I contracted chickenpox. My baby brother developed a single pox on his but - large and round, and that was it! i guess he developed immunity..

it could also be "nummular eczema" It looks very similar to ringworm and is not harmful