Hello everyone. My cat is pretty much healthy, I don’t have a lot of problems with her. But, three days ago she run away, for no reason. I just can’t describe you those three days in my life. I was so scared, I was terrified. I did everything to find her, but she came back alone. She was a little bit scared, but nothing serious. But, today, I saw that she has some ugly rash on her legs. I don’t think that this is something serious, and I think that I can cure it at my home alone, so I was wondering can you tell me what are the best home remedies for cat skin rash? I know some, but I need some new remedies :)

Hey there. A lot of people will tell you that you can use tea tree oil, but I don’t want to recommend this to you, because tea tree oil can cause really nasty allergies in pets. Also, never put human medications on your pet, because you know that human skin is more acidic than pet skin. I have heard that natural remedies for allergies and rashes include Epsom salt, because this salt has been known for generations. Just put it in the infected area, including your cat legs, once or twice per day. You can find this in any pharmacy. 

Hello there.

Well, skin rashes can really be annoying. I had that problem two months ago with my cat. It was awful. She was nervous all the time because of it, she didn’t want to eat and she was constantly licking the infected area. It was really hard to live with her back then.

However, a friend of mine has given me a very good advice on how to deal with rashes using just the ordinary home stuff.

For example you can rub a mix of oatmeal and water to your cat’s skin, which will soothe it. Also use marshmallow treats. They are both tasty and good for cat's skin.

Hello.

From your story it seems her condition is mild, so you can try with home treatment. But, if her rash escalates, you will need help from the vet.

Meanwhile, if you suspect on fleas, you should use some of the lotions or gels to get rid of them.

If you rule out fleas, it would be a good idea to bath your cat in colloidal oatmeal shampoo (you can find it in almost every pet shop, just like anti-fleas lotions/gels). The shampoo must stay in contact with the skin for 10 minutes; gently massage it into the skin and rinse it for five minutes. This way, you will soothe the skin of your cat and rash will be eased and, hopefully, gone. 

Hello. Those annoying rashes are really boring. I know that feeling. I think that you should see the vet, because some rashes needs to be cured with meds as well. I do agree that oatmeal shampoo is the best, but I would recommend you to add just a little bit of aloe vera and chamomile tea in it. Put this on the irritated place, three times a day. That is totally enough, I don’t think that you don’t need to do it more than three times a day.   The reason why this shampoo is the best is because it is totally soft and natural. 

Hello guys.

First of all, I think you should take your cat to the vet. You see, there are a lot of different kinds of skin rashes. The main difference between them is the cause of them. For example, some skin rashes are caused by fleas, some other are caused by environmental allergens and some of them are caused by food allergens. All of these rash types should be treated  differently and that’s the reason you should take your cat to the vet.

Of course, there are some home remedies that are good for almost every kind of skin problems including rashes. The first thing that pops on my mind is certainly aloe vera lotion. 

When my cat has a rash I try to spend as much time with her as I can. That way I can prevent her from scratching and licking the rash. I clean her skin almost every day, and not just the infected area, but the area around the rash too. I use cotton pads for cleaning it. Then I take one cotton pad and I add some coconut oil on it. I heard it’s good for rashes. I let it stay for a while and then I remove it from her skin since I’m afraid she might lick it. That always helps a lot.

Yes, I forgot to mention that you can do a lot of things to avoid cat skin rash as well. You need to take care of her hygiene as well, that you need to bath her when you can. Also, you should be aware that letting her out always can result with some rash as well. But, I do agree that coconut oil is really good and helpful in this situation. Also, aloe vera or some natural products with aloe vera also can help you get rid of this ugly rash. Everything will be just OK, because this is something that is common. 

The best thing you can do is to take your cat to the vet.

That doesn’t mean you cannot do something by yourself. If you suspect on fleas, you could try rubbing lemon (or orange juice) into your cat’s fur. Fleas don’t like citrus. Of course, the most effective way to get rid of the fleas is miraculous combination of water and shampoo.

Chamomile tea can do wonderful things to your cat’s skin. Just put it in a spray bottle and apply it to your cat’s skin.  

And I agree with previous answers, oatmeal is a good choice. Use baby oatmeal, mix it with water and rub it onto itchy areas. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse with warm water. 

Do you wet down the Epsom salt or just pour it on?