I am a 51 year old male, I wake up at 3am with leg sweating really bad. I am a diabetic and have my diabetic number controlled at 120, I have serious Osteoarthritis in all joints. I also just sit during the day and have hot flashes. What could this be from? I am a retired VET who went thru the first gulf war. I also am asking why when i turn my head to left or right, my head shakes alot and sometimes when I start sweating my head shakes. I do check my sugar counts and I am at average of 120. what could the cause of this be. I do have Parkinson in family background.

Symptoms like night sweats and hot flashes are usually associated with some problem in your endocrine system - your hormone producing glands. Since you are diabetic you already are in the state where your hormonal state is tough and there are far bigger chances that night sweats and hot flashes are connected to diabetes, than to some other hormonal problem, like thyroid. How do you control sugar levels? Some of the medications that decrease the level of sugar also are known to cause these symptoms. But, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to get the blood tests for the hormone levels done, if you have the opportunity to do so.