Hello, I have read a lot of good posts on here, but none that really might answer my question. so here goes.
My daughter in law had my grandson in oct of 07, had post pregnancy bleeding for about 6 weeks, had a very scant period beginning of jan 08. She didnt go for her six weeks checkup until after that period. Her dr gave her bcp and told her to begin them at her next period. she never had one, so she finally took a hpt a few days ago and it was neg. she waited so long because it took her 4 years to get preg with her first baby. any way , she was laying on the floor in her bedroom talking on the phone and she said she felt what felt like a kick and put her hand on her stomach and felt it again and actually saw her hand move in the mirror. she has taken 4 more test since then and all are negative. she says she feels pregnant, but says she is confused because the tests are negative. she is calling the dr today to schedule appointment. is it possible she is pregnant and still get neg test results? she says she is sure what she felt was a kick. I am delighted but i dont want to get my hopes up or hers. anyone have anythng similiar with their pregnancies? thanks for any answers.

Its just not possiable....if she had one negative test I might say it was a "bunk" test but a pregnancy needs the HCG hormone to be. I have to guess what she felt was gas. Now if I am wrong please, by all means let me know but I personally have worked with an OB doc, have taken lots of classes on this pregnancy and conception an so forth and have yet to hear about a pregnancy being without the HCG hormone. That would be like a man producing sperm without testosterone. Or a plant growing without water. It needs it to be. Good luck

One more thing, is she breastfeeding? if she is not only would that cause her to not have a period but it is also a pretty effective form of birthcontrol-- at least until baby started on solids (my son was born in Oct07 too and has started on solids so I am sure hers has too) SO in therory she could be very very early pregnant ( not far enough along to feel a kick ) if this is the case or will be starting her period again soon. If she is NOT breastfeeding then yes, she should've definately had it by now and seeing a doc would be a good thing anyways because even if she is not pregnant he can give her something to jump start her cycle again.
Also, usually the rule of thumb is usually if you get pregnant once (without medical intervention) subsequent pregnancies happen a LOT easier.

I am in the same boat. I have been sick for the last 3-4 weeks and have tender breasts and last period was 10 weeks ago. All HPT are BFN but I have been feeling fluttering in my tummy for about a week, didn't acknowledge it much but then 2 days ago felt a definate "kick". Felt it again yesterday. I have an appointment for a blood test on Wed. but I was wondering if there was a chance of hidden HCG. I talked to a few people on forums and they said that one or two people that they know didn't have a positive until 4-5 months along.

I am in the boat with you. 5 test BFN. 3 weeks late but I am having spotting and cramping. feeling movement but no kicks. pls let me know what your doctor says.

Any news on this? My what I think to be third pregnancy all the signs would be six weeks this week since conception and still negative results?!

I have been going through something similar to hers.I had a miscarriage jan.2 and they gave me a dnc well I waited two weeks before me and my husband had sex again. Since feb. I have had periods but they have only lasted 2 days at a time. So for the last month and a half I have had kicking sensations every day I stay hungry I can feel a heart beat other than mine and he says the same. I have took 5 pts 2 shows pos. 3 showed neg. I dont know what to believe or feel I have had one child 7 years ago but thats a while.any suggestions or comments would be helpful to us.

these forums are crazy...I am sorry...if you think you might be pregnant but you are getting a negative home pregnancy result go to the doc and get both a blood test along with an internal...my period has been mising since the last time i had sex...took four at home tests (two to a box) all negative...my husband doesnt want another baby (we have one son) he thinks I have "trapped him again" sad really...anyway I am off to get a blood and internal next week to hopfully put the matter to rest for him...anyway ladies...go your docs