I HAD MY SPLEEN, GALLBLADDER, AND APPENDIX TAKEN OUT WHEN I WAS 5. IM NOW 25 AND IM 8 MONTH PREGNANT. RECENTLY WE FOUND OUT THAT ARE SON ONLY HAS ONE KIDNEY, HIS OTHER KIDNEY STOP DEVELOPING. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ONE HAS TO DO WITH THE OTHER?

Your son's condition is called unilateral renal agenesis. This reportedly happens once per one thousand live births. This absolutely has nothing to do with your spleen, gallbladder and appendix removal. The single kidney will enlarge to serve the function of two normal kidneys. Your son will need to limit salt intake and to have kidney function and blood pressure checked from time to time. Otherwise he will grow up normally. I suggest you google this condition so that you will be better prepared to care for him.

Our son has two kidneys, one stopped developing, and is no longer working. The other one is working fine but is enlarged. Unilateral Renal Agenesis is a condition in which only one kidney forms. Sorry i wasnt clear in my first post. I have a blood disease called congenital spherocytosis. Which is why i needed my spleen and gallbladder taken out. While they were there they just figured they would take out my appendix.