2 months ago I suffered a severe gallbladder attack. I went to the doctor and was told I had gallstones and needed my gallbladder taken out. I also had right flank pain, usually a dull, achy tight feeling. Doctor said it could be because of gallbladder. Just had surgery last week, and am still having right flank pain(a tight pressure feeling). Now I'm thinking maybe it has nothing to do with the gallbladder. Will this go away in time, or is it something not at all associated with my gallbladder? My doctor gives me no help at all, just says it may have been because of my gall stones. Help!

go to a different doctor haven't u read other stories there is somethin wrong!!!!!!! :)

I have been sick for a long time and pretty much told it was stress, colitis, ulcer, etc... Then I was told I had sludge and referred to a surgeon who talked me out of surgery because I didn't have stones. A few years pass and instead of off and on, I stay sick. I went to the ER a few months ago and they found stones. I was referred for surgery. I don't have insurance so the surgeon did it for a nominal fee. I have been sick and getting sicker. I went to see the surgeon who said I am doing fine. I am terrified and everyone is sick of me and treating me like I am a hypocondriac. After reading a few of these posts, I feel even more hopeless.

Hello, I had my gallbladder removed in August 2005, Only now for the last year I have been suffering from right flank pain, I am under the hospital had CT scans, X Rays. The doctor says he is baffled what it is. I am terrified it is something sinister, I have to have a steroid injection in my back next week to see if it helps? I am dreading it!!

Having gallstones was the worst pain I have ever had (I have no children so not experienced childbirth!!) I made the decision to have the gallbladder out so I would never get that pain again. Now the pain in my right flank is getting worse, also I am experiencing dizziness with the pain

help

Amy

Hi Amy my name is Melissa, I am in a similar situation to yours. I had my gall bladder removed in April of 2010 & about 6 months after I began to suffer from right flank pain. Ive had an Ultrasound, CT scan & several x-rays. After my CT scan I was informed I had an extrarenal pelvis associated with the right kidney that ive had since birth. Ive also seen a urologist to have my kidneys checked. I had a test done where they inject you with very little radio active material to see if the kidneys are functioning properly & if there is any blockage. Everything came back normal.
I am looking for some answers & am tired of the Doctors saying everything is fine. I am going to go to a different Dr for a second opinion. I would like to know if they figure out what is causing your pain & if anyone knows anything about this. Please HELP!

Melissa

I am experiencing the same exact thing! My gallbladder was removed 1 year ago. For the last 6 weeks I have had worsening right flank pain. I have just felt sharp shooting pains that never occurred before. I noticed with any physical or straining activity aggravates it. I am in the process of diagnosis. I have had an ultra sound.. No kidney stones... Ct scan... No problems with my appendix.. Waiting for Monday's call with the dr to redo firm no stones and to ask more questions! Please write back if you got any answers!!

I know exactly how you feel. I got talked into having my gallbladder out after saying no for 15 years. I KNOW the doctor messed up the surgery. I have 4 staples in my liver (3 aren't even stapled/clamped shut). Ever since I have had the same pain as pre surgery and now more extreme pain and the feeling of being stabbed and nausea and watery stools. Of course nothing is wrong!!! I am going to my Dr on Wednesday and demanding all new scans. Something is direly wrong. I fear pancreatic cancer. But to live like this for the past 4 years has been hell and even more so now. I pray you find your answers!