my 14 month old little girl has no vaginal opening.what should i do?

Little girls vaginal openings arent really visible, they're not made to be used until puberty and they sit higher up til then. If it doesn't show up when she's 6-7 then worry.

Who the hell is gonna ask their 6 or 7 year old to check if they have a vaginal opening. I know it's a must ask but it's a bit embarrassing for the child, no? :$

Actually this is a real question. My daughter's Dr wasn't concerned until she turned 4 and the skin still hadn't opened. The options I was given was to either use a hormone cream and apply pressure to the area for it to open or go to a urologist and have her skin cut. At this point I have opted for the cream rather than traumatize her with surgery in that area at her age.

To the so called guest who posted on the 05/14/07. Who the hell do you think you are telling that poor lady to ask a real question. You obviously have no idea...do you!! My daughter is almost 4 and is suffering the same problem, i noticed it a few months ago but thought i was just dreaming but it is still not there and i am taking her to the doctors. And once more to that guest if you cant post a real answer to a real question then dont bother and your not worth listening too!

My girl friend had to have vaginal reconstruction at 26 because she had none. I suggest you do it earlier before it messes up her life for good

i was born with no opening and the doctor told my mum that i would need an operation before i started to menstrate.

at 9, i had an accident and fell on the spine of a book in the library and split it myself, saying my from surgery!

very painful but im now fine, 24 married mother of a 18 month old and i have had no troubles since that library book accident!

My daughter is 22 months old and she has no vaginal opening! My doctor prescribed Ortho-Gynest Cream its a hormone treatment but I am concerned as its usually only givin out to adults! Any advice would be great! Thanks xx

When i Was 10 yrs old i had alot of pain on a scale from one to ten it was ten no one knew exactly why i was having to much pain then i went to the er they did an ultra sound and found out i have 2 liters of blood in my stomach which was suppose to be my menstral cycle. they had to do surgery. just understand that if your daughter doesnt have a vaginal opening she could be in a lot more pain when shes older and she could die the doctor who saved my life said if i would have waited a few more days i could have died .................... so i beg you please take care or your daughters who might have the same problem i did

When I was in grade 8 I was experiencing A LOT of pain. My mom kept telling me that I was getting my period and I was having menstrual cramps. The pain was getting worse and worse and worse! My parents took me to the ER and after a couple tests and the doctors examinations in my vagina and on my stomach (cause I felt bloated and was getting "fat") they found that I had no vaginal opening and was "storing" all of the blood from my period since I had no vaginal opening. The doctors said I could have died if I did not come to the hospital when I did. They said I was as big as a woman would be if she was 7 months pregnant, that's how much blood was inside of my stomach. All of the blood was slowly shutting down all of my organs. They cut a slit in the skin and took all the blood out, there was nothing to the surgery just a little cramping (just as you would have during your menstrual cycle) afterwards but the doctors saved my life!!!

I had the same problem when I was born I didn't have a vaginal opening, my mum took me to the doctors and I think they used a cream I'm now 16 and I have my period every month its all fine, the only thing I'm concered about is that I'm still a virgin and I'm scared that when I have sex for the first time I'm worried it will hurt more or maybe it won't hurt as much because I don't have a hymen. But I know its a bit late but for the lady who has the daughter ii have periods and all is well!

I was 15 when I had my operation done and the first time I ever had sex was when I was 18 and it was VERY painful for me as I am sure the skin was blocking my vagina. I bled A LOT! and probably scared the sh*t out of my boyfriend as he thought he hurt me somehow. I am almost 21 and have been with the same guy, I have been in the hospital over 12 times in the last year due to cramps and a lot of pelvic pain which is now diagnosed as endometriosis. Watch for anything like severe menstrual cramps, that's how it first started and I had cysts on my ovaries which burst. These symptoms were linked to the problem I had before (no vaginal opening). I'm going to the same gynecologist who did my operation and she is still doing tests to see if I have anything else wrong with my vagina and surrounding area. GOOD LUCK and hopefully nothing is linked to your situation as it is with mine.

well, im 13 now and ive been trying to use a tampon, and i dont even know where my vagina is. its so embarassing, no i dont tend to look there cause i think its disgusting even though its normal, but im trying to use a tampon. my mom tried to help but she kept going SHOVE IT UP THERE, WHO KNOWS WHAT YOUR GONNA BE LIKE WHEN YOU HAVE SEX.
sorry lmao im saying my own problems but i cant help with this question:-(
xxx

I was shock when i discovered the other day my daughter almost 4months old don't have a vaginal opening.....I always clean down there and didn't notice it, now I can compare her with my eldest who is normal! I haven't talk to the doctor because I thought she's fine I hope that she is normal inside...we're worried that she might have a surgery I didn't know that there's a lot of girl's who have the same problem.

My 3 year old grand-daughtetr has no vaginal opening. She has seen a gynaecologist, who wants to run blood tests to ascertain her gender, then possibly a scan to check her internal 'bits & bobs'

Has anyone else in the UK experienced this?