My husband has been feeling tingling, burning, and numbness in hands and feet from diabetes. He is diabetic for few years, but this the first time he is experiencing tingling, burning, and numbness in hands and feet. What could it be the reason for it?

Has he had the pain for at least 3 months? If does, It could be Diabetic Neuropathy. A new investigational medication is currently being evaluated to assess improvement of stabilization of naturopathic pain symptoms. Patient inclusion criteria are men and women 18-80 years of age and pain for at least 3 months.

I HAVE HAD NUMBNESS, TINGLING, WEAKNESS TO RIGHT HAND

linda wrote:

i am a 45 year old lady ,and i have been having tingling,and numbness in both of my hands,and just a little tingling in my right foot. i have not went to the doctor,because i don't know what to expect from my doctor. i'm scrared. i want this pain to stop as soon as possiblei am not a doctor,but it
feels like i have the carpel tunnel syndrome.

I would highly recommend a visit to the doctor as it could be a simple problem or something more serious. I did some research for Mom on this matter and she ended up with Pernicious Anemia which can only be diagnosed by a blood test, it is different from the Anemia that you normally hear about. Anyhow, her treatment was as simple as getting B12 shots. But from what I learned it can be a symptom of a whole lot of different things, so go to the doctor.

Kelly

Guest wrote:

linda wrote:

That sucks. I'm 39. I had operate on my elbow 3 months ago got 2 high numbness on 2 fingers but slowly spread to my head, 2 feet, back, face, tongue. I got mild tingling all over i feel freezing. I'm so tired fighting with my health problem i can't go on Tingling is killer !

Im 24 and it started out when i hurt my back at work 4 yrs ago... my back hurt...then the next year i had numb pinky and index finger on my right arm... then sharp pains were shooting through my hand to my shoulder...
after that the c**p moved to my left knee.. ( im just writing the basics, I hurt tomuch to write it all)
then it went to my right knee, then my left arm and hands...i feel shooting piercing pains.. today it started my feet to go numb now they are burning like a bad sunburn.. and then it went into my hands... it hurts to wash my hands at all.. it hurts to take a shower due to the water running over my knees.. this past weekend both hands shake bad when I hold something...I cant pick up a roll of toilet paper without my hand shaking..

I have been to 4 doctors, 3 orthepedists, 1 neurologist and they said nothing is wrong with me.. Im in such pain!
the bad thing is my hubby is disabled due to neuropathy and I am the only one working...
Im almost to the point of doing anything that works...I hate hurting... I due cry sometimes due to the pain getting worse... I hurt everyday except somedays worse than others... I hurt at night when i try to sleep.. I cant bend my knees and due to this c**p i have been on crutches twice in one year... well once i fell on my knee then the next time i just woke up and by that night i was in the hospital due to the piercing pain.. well any advice? I cant write anymore my fingers are locking up and stiff...they hurt...

My husband has had pain in both hand's, numbness and swelling,
also pain in his left knee.
Doctor's first said it was clubing, but it turned out not to be. He's had
MRI's , CAT scan's, COLON check's, BLOOD work, URINE work,
you name it he's had it.
But still they can't find what it is, he was even told he had cancer.
So the doctor said the same way it came is the same way it will leave.
But so far he still has it, swelling in hands with numbness and pain in his
left knee where he limp's. It's been like 5 yrs now and he is still living
with this, what ever this is. Does anybody know what it my be?

Your husband has a nerve problem. See a neurologist.

I too experienced the same symptoms about 2 months ago. I also had weakness, and sometimes loss of balance. After an MRI and a CT Scan, the neurologist informed me that I have a brain aneurysm that bled and that the area around it was swollen, which explain the symptoms. PLEASE,do not wait! Go see your doctor to make sure all tests are done!
All of you, take care.

Hi there i have diabeties, and have had it for 9 years 8 years have been badly uncontrolled, i am now on a pump, i am 32 years old, i have severe hands and feet numbness, i cant even pick up a cup without shaking writing hurts alot, i have had this problem for over 2 years but in the last 2 months it has got so bad to the point that i cant even sleep and i am also on morphine for the pain, and i have heart problems and i am deaf all due to diabeties.

The most common cause (but not much recognized) of Numbness and a lot of other symptoms is MSG (monosodium glutamate, Ajinomoto) in foods! 90% of the processed foods contains MSG even under a lot of hidden names. Search for "the danger of MSG" and "Excitotoxin: The Taste That Kills" on the net and you'll find a lot of information.

Sad to hear. Arw u ok these days

Nerve damage from diabetes. Have him tested by a neurologist.