I have a delicate problem. I have itchy scrotum. I have no insurance and besides, I am somehow ashamed to go to the doctor and say: ”hey, my ass is itching, why is that?” so, I am less ashamed here : ) there is no other visible sign, just itching. So, why is my scrotum so itchy?

Your problem might be fungus. Fungus is very common at this body area and also is very common in warm months, when we sweat a lot.
I am sorry that I must disappoint you, but I think you shall have to visit your GP to see the affected area and determine whether this is fungal infection or she; he should prescribe some other treatment. Do not be that ashamed : ) doctor just simply do that, they have studied 10 years to look at somebody’s ass- great, a?
But, considering insurance, you could perhaps go to pharmacy, mention your problem and fungal infection, and they could prescribe you with something. \

I have been suffering with the scrotum itch and had seen numerous doctors in the past many years. The Drs said I was allergic to detergent, soap, cloth, mites, ... it is not true. Actually, I am allergic to sugar (fruit sugar is OK), such as refined sugar, sweet soft drink, cakes, candies, ... I noticed this by tracking the food I ate and the reaction I had. After I had sweet stuffs for one to 2 days, the scrotum becomes very itchy, especially at night.

There is only one medication which can stop the itch, Synalar gel, which is not available in the US. It is available in Europe and Asia. There are different types of Synalar available in the US, such as cream, ... I found Gel is the best. I wonder if Synalar Solution will work the same or not as it is not sticky and creamy on the skin.

If you are having the problem, try stop taking sweet stuffs (sweet fruit is OK) and use Synalar to stop the itch (but it can't cure the problem). My experience is as long as I don't take sugar, I have a sweet dream.

I hope this helps!

I read Vicente's post and it helped me. Cutting out sugar and using synalar helped me, too.

As unexpected as it sounds, you could go to the drug store and pick up some diaper rash ointment and use it to treat jock itch. The same stuff that fights athletes foot will also kill jock itch fungus.

It's a cheap way to try to treat it yourself.

Good luck.

I too suffered from itchy scrotum for years, nothing helped... I went to the Doctor and had every medication prescribed.. one day I took benadryl and as quick as I took it the itching went away. I took the benadryl for about two weeks straight and stopped. The itching never returned....

I have been dealing with this on and off for years. I think I finally found a solution. The brand name of the product I tried is Sanafitil. It is an anti fungal and the active ingredient is undecylenic acid. I first used the liquid form and then I switched to the cream. The liquid stings and smells a little bit. But I used 2x a day for a week, it flaked off, and I felt much better. It says to use it for 2 weeks so I switched to the cream for week 2 and I feel fine.

I have the same problem but mine is related to stress. It gets worse at night when I go to sleep and the stresses of the day start to set in. He said it was like a girl that chews on her hair or twirls it with her fingers when she is nervous. I do the same thing I just scratch my balls. The problem is that if you scratch to much the skin will thicken and then the itch goes from a nervous habit to a real and amazingly irritating situation. The thickened skin will itch 24/7 unless treated. He prescribed a topical steroid and it got better. But depending on what he prescribed be careful and don't over use it. It can actually cause the skin to breakdown with over use. So if you notice this gets worse at night then maybe it is stress related. Also if you try hyrocortisone use the creme and not the ointment. use 1% as well.

I have the itchy scrotum only cause i have big hairy balls :-P but why be assumed you told about everyone on the internet you should be nervous and a persons health is the most important thing.

proper hygiene it is,, take a bath two times a day XD ahaha

it cant be just hygiene, but for some people it might be. i have 2 bath's/showers a day and still get itchy balls. i have notice it increases when temperature changes around your balls ie. taking off underpants (warm to cool) or putting on underpants (cool to warm).

I have the itchy balls 2 and it SUCKS Sometimes I think that they start to itch when I need to take a numero 2....LOL...I find them itchy mostly in the AM...I just got LOTRIMIN spray powder and it seems to b workin today...I am feelin funny about goin to a doc. I also suffer from severe allergies and I find when I take Benadryl, that kinda helps...It make me feel kind of gross and is puttin a damper on my sex life...

i've got an itchy ass for a while now...and im too worried and scared to go to a doctor...do u think its something serious?? is it curable??

I've had itchy scrotum since March and my doctor thought it was jock itch, as did I, but the sysmptoms just aren't there. The only thing that itches is the scrotum and with jock itch, the scrotum and penis are rarely effected. Plus I grew an extra testicle(not really) in the last few days. But it is more of a cyst, or a something! But it is about half or a little more than that of one of my testicles and I squeezed some bloody pus out of it the other day, and I can't do that now. But I almost stopped the itch about 3 weeks ago and kept it gone, using Tinactin as nothing else worked or I was allergic, and it seemed to work great till I ran low and only use it once per day, but changed underwear twice per day, kept clean, and followed all other directions. The itching is back as bad or worse than ever and now this "growth."
Any ideas?

Rick

I have had this really bad "itchy scrotum" problem for many years now. In the past, I have used many off-the-shelf topical creams for Jock Itch etc (my GP though I had a Jock Itch). Nothing helped. Finally, my GP put me on one of these corizone-based ointments which took care of the problem. The only issue is that using a steroid-based medication for extended periods of time is not the world's greatest idea. I finally went to a skin specialist and he prescribed Protopic 0.1% which is a non-steroid based ointment, and it worked like magic. As long as I keep using the cream two to three times a week, my itching remains as if I never had it.