I've posted a question on here before and I got a great answer from someone, so I decided to post again in hopes of receiving some other helpful answers.

Ok, so when I first started having sex, I got a UTI. I heard this was completely normal, so I went to the doctor and got anti-biotics. That was a while ago, but since then, I really don't feel my urination has gone back to normal. Sometimes when I urinate, I still feel some burning (but it's nowhere near the "peeing knives" feeling i had during the UTI). It's slight burning, some times are worse than others. Also, once in a while i actually experience pain when urinating. Not burning, but just pain. And now I just recently noticed that my urethra is very sensitive to the touch. I can't tell if it's swollen or if there's something unusual about it because honestly, I don't know what a normal urethra should feel like... I've never even touched mine previous to this, so i have no idea.

I don't have any abdominal pain like I did during the UTI, and I don't really have that much of an urge to urinate... so i'm really at a loss. Could my urethra possibly be scratched? Or irritated from sex? Should i go to the doctor or just drink lots of cranberry juice & see what happens? if anyone has a similar situation to mine or can be of any assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. =)

oh and also! i had stopped having sex for almost a month due to complications with anti-biotics for acne and yeast infections. (yeah... it SUCKED.) and i noticed the burning had almost completely gone away. but when i started having sex again, it came back.

My urethra is very sensitive too. And even the area surrounding it. When I move my finger over my urethra or anywhere around down there it feels like little knives jabbing me. I've been trying to find solutions to solve the problem. I've heard it can be irriation from soaps, to lotions etc.. I've cut out soaps and just use baking soda watered down. I've been doing that since the beginning of this year and there hasn't been any change. I'm getting married in 4 months and I'm scared about the sex part and being very little because of the pain and ruining the marriage. I don't get any pain or burning when I urinate but other than that I know how you're feeling and I wish I could find a cure.

oh you're lucky it doesn't burn when you urinate. that comes and goes for me. and sex is sometimes painful for me if i'm not wet enough, but if i use lubrication it's somewhat alright. so try some KY if it's painful. that usually works for me.

i made an appointment with my gyno for this problem. she couldn't do a pap smear because it hadn't been a year yet, but she examined me and said she saw nothing unusual except for a very mild yeast infection. (i'm currently on anti-biotics) and she figured that's what was causing the urethra pain, since i was tested for a UTI in the office and it came back negative. but i don't know... i just have a gut feeling that there's something else causing this problem. so maybe you might have a yeast infection? i would make an appointment with your doctor just to make sure.

congrats on your marriage! =) and i hope for the best for you.

I have heard that the lubrication does help. I have gone to a gyno and she found nothing unusual. There wasn't any kind of infection or anything. She gave me a numbing jell to use during sex. We are waiting for our wedding night, so I'm not sure how well that works yet! But it's all frustrating. Especially going to a doctor and basically telling me there's nothing that can be done. I was actually put on anti-depressant because it helps with the nerves. And she thought it could be a nerve problem. My body didn't react very well to that so I had to come off of it. I wasn't on it long enough to know if it worked. I'm sure if I have major problems after I'm married I'm going to another doctor to try to find answers.

And maybe if your current gyno doesn't find anything try a second opinion. Good luck!!

mmm, I've been reading loads of posts on people with Urethra issues and I am now realising that people diagnosed with vulvodynia are being misdiagnosed. I have had painful sex since i started having sex 15 yrs ago.

After some time of seeing hundreds of specialists, doctors, therapist, spiritual healers and so forth - i realised that it was a painful urethra that is causing the problem which in turn is causing my vagina to spasm and tighten causing more pain - it explains the burning after sex i get.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on this site - it has answered a few more questions. Although I don't know what caused the urethra pain in the first place and why it is still her 15 yrs later i'm one step closer. I read the pill but i have been off the pill for about 8 yrs now. So will post if i ever figure it out.

Hi there I'm suffering the same symptoms did you ever get sorted?

You guys need to check for pinworms. Pinworms can irritate the entire vulva, perineal area and urethra. Find out what is really causing your pain and stop it. My daughter had this.

hello everyone. i am guessing painful urethra may be caused by scratched / small wound/ very small cut on urethra wall. but since that part of a body is always stays wet/ moist and completely covered and never have acccess to air ( air, which can cure a small scratch / small wound to dry and heal ) ..to cure these i guess try applying neosporin (antiseptic cream) with q-tip ....for week ..may be ..it will heal small scratch/ wound...hope this help...

DONT TAKE BATHS.. CLEAN YOUR URETHRA ONLY WITH 1/3 3% HYDROGEN PEROXIDE AND 2/3 WATER MIXTURE.. AND INSERT FLORA PILLS FOR THE AREA.. I USE GYNOFLOOR IN MY COUNTRY.. THEY BRING THE PH BACK. THAT HAPPENS BECAUSE AT THAT AREA ALL THE FLUIDS THAT COME OUT DURING THE DAY STAYS THERE AND THE BACTERIAL MULTIPLY. CLEAN IT TWICE A DAY AND TRY KEEP YOUR VAGINAL PH GOOD WITH THOSE PILLS AND YOU LL SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Hi, I know you probably won't see this but I have been having the same problem as you for almost a year now and I'm wondering if you ever figured out what's causing the urethra pain?
I've been going to a urologist and they haven't really found anything. I got prescribed oxybutynin and it hasn't really helped. I have had a somewhat constant pain in my urethra since I started getting UTIs and it is very painful during sex now. It was fine before the urinary symptoms, but now it feels very tight. Intercourse also seems to make the problem much worse. I'm really struggling to figure this out so any info you might have would be greatly appreciated!

I been going through the same thing. I know this is an old post, it says from about a year ago. But I'm desperate to find out what's wrong with me. I'm waiting to get a call from my doctor to let me know when I can see a gyno. My urethra is so sore to touch. I taken antibiotics. I have done my pap, I have gotten another doctor to look down there and he says he seen nothing. I thought maybe I had warts so it was causing me pain. Doctor says no warts. I been bathing in a tub of ground sage and baking soda, and applying Virgin coconut oil and it seems to have made the pain go down quite a bit. Still sore but not nearly as bad. Have you gotten any help since this post?

Dude what's your status? I have exactly the same issues? How will the Sex life be? Does it hurt? Please help

I also have had the pain at my urethra opening
I went through numerous tests
Finally I went to a urologist he inserted a probe and the pain was there. It's due to the lining of my vagina thinning due to menopause

Thank you, this would cerently explain my symptoms. I went through menopause 10 years ago, no problem until now with this annoying sensation.

So what's the solution I have the same problem?