Is there anyone else with a urethral caruncle??. I am a 70 yo female - post menopausal. The caruncle looks like a purplish skin tag that protrudes from urethra.  It is painful to touch - gives a burning feeling constantly & is worse with standing!!! It feels like I'm extremely swollen in urethra &-  upon examining w/ mirror - the entire area of urethra is red, swollen, & burns..I've tried Premarin cream but to no avail. I'm at my wits end & hoping someone else shares this condition & has some suggestions for relief!!!! 

I have had a caruncle for several years now (I am 58 years old). It didn't used to bother me, but this past year, I have been getting repeated urinary tract infections, and my caruncle has gotten a bit bigger. I find it uncomfortable to sit at times. Sometimes it protrudes, and other times it withdraws inside. My urologist has suggested that I have it removed, but I'm afraid. Have you found relief with yours? I hope you see my reply -- I know your post was over a year ago.

I am interested in this post - only just diagnosed with a caruncle after weeks of uti which is now coming up as clear. I have the need to pee the whole time and it feels achy and is making me so miserable - how are you getting on x

I also was recently diagnosed with a caruncle after more than a year of urinary pain and many UTIs. For a month now I've been using a compounded estrogen cream prescribed by my urologist, but no improvement in symptoms. She also recommended cutting out tomatoes, alcohol, and other acid foods, which I'm just now trying to do. I resist limiting my activity, but think maybe lifting and exercises that put pressure on the pelvic floor are making it worse. Please share any experiences/thoughts.

I have had surgery recently to remove mine, but I didn't know that's what it was ahead of time, or that it would be removed. The urologist that did the surgery didn't realize it was a caruncle--maybe because it was quite large and thrombosed. I am now having burning and pain again, and I'm not sure what that might mean. I am 43, and menopause seems like it quite a ways off, so estrogen cream is thought to be unlikely to help. Any tips would be welcome, and I'm happy to share what I can.

I am 66 and diagnosed by my GP with a urethral caruncle a few days ago. I am having a burning pain with mine, that makes it hard to sit. I see a urologist this week and I am very concerned,about him touching or culturing that painful area. I read that one lady had hers removed but the burning continued, that is very concerning.. Please update if there has been any change.

65 year old also diagnosed with urethral caruncle putting estrogen on it for last month and seems better but still occasional uncomfortable spasms, anybody get those? Would love to know of any successful treatments, kind of afraid to go to Urologist don't want to go through a Cystascopy!

I have a caruncle was diagnose a year ago doc gave me extriol cream to insert which was ok at first now I'm getting burning and pelvic soreness feels like it's swoĺen down there I don't know what to do any body else has the same I'm 62yr help

You definitely have my sympathy. I have the same symptoms you've described. Same medical treatment. Been experiencing more pain it seems. I also have bleeding from the caruncle for a couple days,so much I have to wear a pad. Then it'll stop. I am 56 and have had a complete hysterectomy. Dr. has done a pelvic CT scan, I have follow up appt in Jan.
I have had some pain over the weekend also bleeding again. Called Dr. today and they wanted a specimen. Turned that in today. Hopefully hear something soon.
I've never heard of this before! Becoming well acquainted of this crazy caruncle. It really hurts! Have a blessed evening.

I am 75 yrs old and first experienced a caruncle in June 2017, creams helped decrease the size. It’s increased in size again now, I’m sure from a bad cough i had in November and December. i agree, it’s a bad feeling and I’m thinking one of those round pillows with a hole in the center like hemorrhoid sufferers use might help the sitting situation. I can’t get an appointment with urologist until the end of January so will suffer until then I guess.

63 yrs old.... painful caruncle with occasional bleeding. Urologist said to use estrogen cream and that it could take 2-3 months to go away. Hurts to stand, cough or sneeze! Seeing primary care this week to discuss natural estrogen and other options. Several things I’ve read said only way to know for sure diff between benign caruncle and a cancerous tumor is to biopsy but urologist didn’t think it necessary to do one. Thoughts?

hi i just was told the same i am 60 yrs old and i have no nature in wanting sex, but when hitting a climax i can do that but wanting to have its a no no,... but the dr wants to remove mine....so sitting in a hot bath.
-

Hope it got better I am a 61 year old whom got diagnosed today. The Dr.( very young male) and his nurse said I should have no pain. It been about a 10 for a WK throbbing and stinging. I wonder if your got resolved. Hope you are better now and got treated better by your Dr.

I went to the Urologist today, was diagnosed w the same. Was told by Dr. that my stinging and throbbing pain was not possible. I am so glad to find this thread, but I hope yours has improved and you have gotten relief.

Seems a trend here that is not described in books.I also have a car uncle which is painful as described and giving bladder irritation and urgency.Has anyone tried topical hydrocortisone or topical anti inflammatory gel.Im loathe to take oral ibuprofen .