I had a baby six weeks ago and have been experiencing pain in my urethra since. The pain that I am experiencing is not constant. It usually occurs as I finish urinating and the urethra contracts. I also exhibit symptoms when I sit in an indian style position. The pain that I am experiencing is not a burning sensation, but yet a sharp stabbing pain. I have been tested for Bacterial Vaginitus, UTI, and yeast, but all have come back negative. Although these tests have come back negative, I have also been treated for yeast and a UTI. Nothing seems to be working. Instead, my symptoms are becoming worse and more frequent. Do you have any idea if my condition is an infection or damage from labor. Do you have any suggestions for treatment?

have you heard of interstitial cystitis? it may be that, can get pain on emptying bladder with that. and it can be inconsistent. there is an IC diet plan u could try, generally involves omitting acidic foods like tomatoes, citrus, alcohol etc from diet... also, warm drinks like water or herbal tea can be soothing. or a topical MSM gel... good luck!