About a month ago I drank way too much and ended up having unprotected sex with a woman. The next day I woke up and had a slight burning in my urethra. There was no discharge or change of color on my penis head, shaft or testicles. I was a bit worried so I went to my GP and she dosed my with Zythromax (a one dose pack) and performed urine tests. The urine tests came back negative. Approximately 3 days later the pain continued so I went to the urgent care and the doctor there performed a swab, gave me another dose of Zythromax and a shot in the rear. He also performed a urine test. All tests came back negative. The pain persists. I went to my GP again and also informed her that I had developed a burning sensation on my anus and felt an uncomfortable feeling between the scrotum and the anus. I was told that everything seemed in order. She swabbed my urethra again and it came back negative. I was given an antifungal cream for the anal soreness and told that everything was fine. My doctor seems to be getting irritated that I keep coming back with the same problem, but it wont go away. It is a mild pain that only seems to get worse after I ejaculate. Then the urethra feels hot and stings. If I do have an STD I really dont want to pass it on to anyone else. I am going to try to make an appointment with a urologist in the hope that he or she can tell me what I have and treat it. I hope it is not viral. My GP assured me that it wasnt and did not want to perform any bloodwork to find out. I am loosing my mind with this problem.

You werent in maryland were you?

Just kidding.

I am having the same problem. All tests keep coming back negative but symptoms wont go away. Im am tired of the Dr's, yes multiple telling me its in my head. The only thing they test for is Gonorea (sp.) and Chlamydia. WTF?

Not to mention Ive been sick i.e. fever, colds, etc. since one night stand. HIV is negative though I dont think you get sick 4 weeks after getting HIV anyway. Ughh.

rogue2 wrote:

I have the same thing. Did you ever figure out what it was. please help.

I have to join to this group :)....:(

I have had exactly the same thing for 8-9 months now.

It started after a night when I used condom except for oral sex.

At the beginning I had intense burning feeling in my urethra and in my testicles. Especially before ejaculation it became painful and the bag of my testicles started to squeeze my testicles. I also have strange sensation on the head of my penis, which is like it would have rubbed for hours and therefore it has reduced sensivity. Few times the skin there got a bit red espcially around the hole, but this few times can be considered very rare symptom, since I have had this problem for long time. For short time one of my testicles was very sore. That strange feeling (a bit burning or a bit  that rubbed) always I have around my anus too. 

I visited the STD clinic 6-7 times. A dozen of STD tests were carried out on me. Some of them were repeated 3 times, but everything were negative. HIV, herpes, gonorhoea, clamydia, fungi, etc.....even it was told that for general bacterial infection (the nurse explained that any bacteria will multiply in that small glass thing where the sample is put for test purposes....)

Then I visited urologist a few times. Urine and bladder test were done including an anastesic small operation when they looked in my bladder through my urine pipe.

Result: big nothing. A few times I heard this answer: We have good news for you. We didnt find any problem :)

That is great, but they dont have to find the problem because I have told what it is from the beginning. They should find the reason of the problem and then the solution :)

Health care here in the UK is ridiculous. Every time when I went to these places, different doctor saw me. I always had to wait for several weeks for the next appointment. The record is the last one with over 3 months waiting!

What if it was a serious problem, which lets say would affect to my productivity or cancer or whatever.....a problem cant be solved and treated like this.

It is like: we treat only flu or cold, and dont bother us with more complicated problems where we have to focus on and use our brain to solve it and anyway waste our time on it. And lets make him wait....probably he will give up and will learn to live with the problem.

The problem and its symptoms very very slowly reduced by now with constantly changing intensivity. My body slowly learnt to live with this problem, so sometimes my penis feels and works like 70-80 % of the original state but for few days it can be worse again...not as much as before but it is enough to make me shameful times if I meet someone for sex.....

I also have to join to the others here with not knowing what it is :(

The only thing that  I recognised that antibiotics several times reduced the symptoms. I took courses of these tablets for 10-12 days,which helped a lot sometimes (or sometimes just a bit), but it has never disappeared entirely.

Is there anyone who has similar problem and finally it was solved????

i too am having the same exact problem. next time i go in im going to tell the doc to treat me with flagyl. its for trich. its about the only thing i havent been treated specifically for. will post back with the results. fyi. drink 100% cranberry juice every day. it seems to keep most of the burning isolated mostly to the tip.

Hey anthony,
me too facing the same problem,yesterday i was treated for trich(which was the only thing remained)still I have the same symptoms like burning penis and pain in right testicle.
Can I please Know your progress?

i am going through the same thing.burning after urination and ejaculation. and general burning in penis urethra or tip.i am frustrated.antibiotics reduce the symptoms/pain but not completely.i am guessing if i need an IV antibiotics.i am confused.

Same problems as described above. It started 20 days after a sexual encounter. I had an 8 panel std test at 3 months and at 6 months, all negative except herpes virus 1. I knew that would be positive because i had a cold sore on my lip as a kid. So now symptoms are at 7 months are dry red irritated slightly burning penis, itchy anus, pain in left hip, itchy irritated eye lash line, and upper back pain. I hope this gets better on it's own...

Are you guys having these pains all the time, 24 hours a day or is it just after ejaculation / not ejaculating? In my experience if you masturbate, then stop yourself via penis muscle or constrict the penis with your hand no sperm comes out, but it's left in the tube. Even if you urinate after a masturbation session the sperm isn't completely cleared out. It can be seen like a blockage and so it "burns" because sperm isn't supposed to be trapped in the urethra, it's suppose to go straight out with very little trace amounts. No ejaculating so you last longer just leave the discharge in your urethra. The tube itself is all muscle which squeezes out the sperm, if you keep masturbating several times in a session or even a day it it can have a spasm. It doesn't feel pleasant. It should also be noted "blue balls" is when blood pools in your testicles during arousal which 'causes them to have pain. Blue ball is associated with arousal and no discharge. This means if you masturbate, then stop yourself in anyway you are essentially giving yourself blue balls which hurts.

Hope I helped, I am in no way a specialist it's just what I've read and feel fits the pain I have which usually only come from masturbating then not cumming 'cause I wanna masturbate more, or because I'm trying to last as long as her....

I've also had exactly the same thing.  I had unprotected oral sex with a girl.  Started with an itchy anus, which then started to hurt after a walk.  Then burning urethra, then some clear fluid from the tip.  Also a strange lack of sensitivity in the head. I also have had ongoing slightly red itchy eyes and very sore testicles. 

All tests came back negative (Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Herpes, etc) - 4 repeats!!!  Not tested for Trich yet.  Was told herpes is hard to pick up unless active sores are present.

Any doc out there who wants to comment.

Ive had similar experience w doctors and tests however I contracted differently The doctors definitely get annoyed when u keep comin back

I am having the same problems right now, and its ruining my life... please if any of you guys have any answers please let me know.

I have very similar problems, except with me, it only happens for about 30mins-1hr after urinating or ejaculating, and it only happens about once or twice per month.  I find that if I masturbate or have sex when I need to go number two then it happens more often.  I also noticed that it happens more often if I masturbate shortly after urinating.  I've researched this many times but I've never found an answer that really makes sense.  If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey how are you... Im currently having the same exact symptoms as you if you find any answers please post it here for I feel as if my life is ruined and some help will be greatly appreciated thank you.

I have some things to say that I think are important. It will be a bit of a long post but I urge people to read it. My theory is that the comment by "My experience" might be correct.

I have had similar symptoms. In my case I had unprotected oral, and then about a month later I began to experience symptoms. The pain I feel in the urethra is what I would call more of a "stinging" sensation rather than burning, but sometimes after/during urination it could be considered burning. It is not constant; it occurs after ejaculation and after as well as during urination. No itching. No pain of any kind associated with the anus. However, I have experienced testacle pain after ejaculation. Actually most of what I experience is after ejaculation. I have had this habit that "My experience" mentioned of constricting the penis as to prevent the semen from leaving (to avoid cleanup) but have stopped recently because someone once told me he had heard it was a bad idea. I highly recommend that everyone else also allow the semen to leave (use a sock or whatever) if you have been preventing this. That way we might be able to rule that out.

I have also experienced that after ejaculation my entire penis does not seem to revert all the way back to its flaccid form and has a strong but not very painful sensation that I would call "aching" or just "discomfort". I also seem to get an erection much more quickly than before. Maybe this is because, even when I'm not actively aware that any of the irritation is affecting me, there is some different sensation that sort of activates my getting an erection when I don't want it to happen. In my experience even if a sensation on the penis is painful it can sometimes cause an erection simply because it is receiving stimulus of some kind.

I would also like to add something very important that I have not seen anyone else post: there is a smell coming from my penis that is not normal. In the past I had a bit of a cheesy smell, which I think is normal especially for people like me who are uncircumcised, but now I am smelling something kind of like a fish smell, and it is approximately 3x stronger. This was actually the first symptom I noticed. I would like to note that this also could go along with the idea of preventing the semen from leaving because more buildup of semen could cause more of the smell, and maybe it has now gotten infected as well because of this, which changes the smell and causes the burning/stinging/itching.

The comment about "blue balls" could be why I am experiencing aching in the testacles and could also be causing the aching penis as far as I know since it is a simlar sensation.

HOWEVER, a few things make me unsure about these things:

1. Why is it so persistent? I have been allowing the semen to leave my penis for some time now, but I still sometimes get aching testacles and penis, and this sometimes lasts for several hours. I think maybe it has reduced but am not sure. I guess since the other symptoms, according to my theory, are due to infection, I cannot expect them to subside at any particular time. Hopefully it is not something that can spread from the urethra.

2. No one else has mentioned the smell, to which I would like to add that while researching this earlier I encountered a forum in which the only STD that people said might cause an unusual smell for men (it's actually somewhat common for women) was herpes. I have also experienced cold sores in my mouth during this period! (I also kissed her.) I usually don't get those, so that is concerning. Don't freak out just yet, though, because I went to a doctor who said the symptoms really didn't sound herpatic, and it's not actually my first time having cold sores. I would however like to point out that I have not been tested for anything. I am still scoping out my best courses of action. There was also a comment on this forum in which someone said he was tested for everything and only came back positive for herpes 1 but expected this because he also had had cold sores as a child. It is possible that it is the same virus again, but I am not saying it is.

3. The rest of my symptoms also are not exactly the same as what has been written here.

I would love to think that it's just because of that stupid habit of avoiding the cleanup! You'd think since so many people are complaining about the same thing the medical world would know something about it too, so the fact that all our doctors and tests (except maaaaaybe herpes 1) say nothing should be wrong with us could be a good sign. On the other hand, I'm in an unusual situation with my current girlfriend whom I love very much: we have never had sex yet (don't worry about why), and will be apart until the coming summer! I want to be sure that I have no STDs at that time!! So all information is very much appreciated! I will be sure to post again (a much shorter post) in the future with whatever findings I have made.

Good luck to everyone.