Hi
I noticed a swelling on my urethra about 2 months ago , I was having sensations of being very dry and kept lubricating for some relief , but I could feel that something wasnt quite right so decided to have a look .

I got really concerned when I saw this swelling around my urethra with a sort of protruding membrane , this sight of this has made me so frightened that I am reluctant to go to my doctor in case of what they do to me { not good with gynae problems , freaks me out }
My symptoms are not painfull but uncomfortable , but I do get a burning sensation some of the time, altho it does not hurt when I wee .
I can go for a week sometimes with no symtoms and all of a sudden it flares up again and causes me severe discomfort. I am very very scared can you please tell me if this is an infection or something more serious.
I am a 62 year old woman who hasnt had sex in 14 months
thankyou for any help or advice you can give me :'( yours Ross

hi ross.
i'm a 19 year old girl with pretty much the same problem as you... my urethra swells up and it doesn't hurt when i go to the bathroom. sometimes i can just feel it when i walk or sit down that's it's very swollen, and it also itches sometimes. but then it goes away and i'm fine. i thought it was a bladder infection, but now i think it's some sort of irritation because it seems to be brought on by having sex.
i've used cream that is supposed to relieve yeast infection symtoms, and that seems to help.
i don't have enough money for a doctor so i don't know what to do.

I'd like to hear a reply to the messages as I'm having the same type of problem.