My 68 years old dad had a stroke almost a year ago and he recovered pretty much fine, he is able to walk though with some difficulties but it's not like he needs wheelchair now. Anyway my question is -could stroke have caused dementia for this is a condition my dad is faced now with-he forgets everything and has trouble speaking and even thinking ever since he had this stroke and as far as I know these are the symptoms of dementia and am curious now what could help him fighting this and could have stroke caused him this dementia situation.

It is probably like that-for it is nothing unusual that someone who had a stroke face with this kind of a situation later on so I am positive stroke could have caused him dementia that's for sure. The thing is that he probably had what is called vascular dementia already before he had the stroke for this vascular dementia could have caused him the stroke actually. In fact that is a condition where arteries that feed the brain are damaged, they are actually blocked so the blocked is also the passageway up to the brain so the brain is in lack of air and essential nutrients and all this causes the brain cells to become damaged and the result usually is dementia which could easily be caused by the stroke also.