Im 16 and I have been constipated for 5 days now and recently went to the toilet and realised there was some kind of fluid or looking to be like an oil that floated above the water this liquid was orange, thinking back i cannot remember if i had eaten anything 'orangy'. If somone could please explain to me what my problem is this would be great! thanks.

Hi, I also just wanted to add that I too, just recently, observed orange oil droplets floating on the water in my stool. I do not have any abdominal pain, but I am concerned what could be the cause of this

Hi there.

Yellow stool can be accompanied with so many different symptoms. According to those symptoms, your doctor can help you understand the main cause of your yellow stool and why your stool has changed its color.

You need to figure out what type of foods you are eating. For example, you need to find out do you eat too much salt or fats in your foods, because it is well known that fats can also cause the stool to be yellow. On the other hand, excess fat in the stool can be due to decreased fat digestion, which can occur with conditions involving the pancreas.

It can have a lot of different causes. 

All day I have had this exact same thing, have you figured out what it is, I can't think of anything I ate that would cause this.

dont worry bout it guys its nothing, mine passed within a few days no pain and no after effects :-P

This orange oil-like substance is often a side effect from eating certain fish such as the Escolar, butterfish, or oilfish. These fish contain a high volume of undigestable ester wax in their meat that is then passed as this oily substance. These waxes can also cause a whole slew of other problems such as cramping, vomiting, and naseua.

I've encountered this orange oil-like substance before. Upon reading this website i've found from the Google, i agreed with one of the guest. This orange oil-like substance is maybe the side effect from eating certain fish such as the Escolar, butterfish, or oilfish. I ate the butterfish during last two days and now i encountered this oil substance in my tool and it creates a smelly odour. It is totally disgusting. Anyway, i'm relieved that i do not have any other worse side effects.

Thanks for all the input - hope you are right. I have had yellow (tumeric coloured) oily discharge the last 2 days and had Butterfish 4 days ago for lunch. The Butterfish was really oily and couldn't even finish it. I had my gall bladder out 2 years ago and hope this is really the Butterfish and not some liver malfunction.

I also ate butterfish (called walu) and now have this problem... glad to hear it is not something worse! Though it does worry me slightly that the restaurant didn't mention this problem (hah, great for business) because it seems like this is a well-known phenomenon (google search "walu fish").

ah well, thanks for the tip!!

Hey, i've been experiencing this problem recently. its worrying me because many of you have said that its due to eating fish. but i dont eat fish at all.
what could it be then if i dont eat fish?

have you had problems containing it?
sometime i've had the urge to pass gas, but i end up soiling myself.
embarassing to say, but i need to know what the heck is going on and that i'm not the only one.

I've experienced the same problem recently. My girlfriend cooked Butterfish for dinner for the first time. I had two fillets and she had one. I encoutered the yellow oily substance about 7 hours later. My girlfriend first experienced it 24 hours later.
Mine has since passed, but my gf's has just started.
There is no pain or vomiting, just this oily smelly, yellow discharge. Plus I have to refrain myself from releasing gas, as this is when it seems to escape.

I havn't eatan any type of fish recently and have the same problem as you friend. I'll sometimes need to pass gas and out comes this oily substance! whats going on?

This can also be a symptom of pancreatitus, do any of you with these symptoms have any pains in your right side moving through to your lower back ?

I have been experiencing the same problem, but I don't eat fish!!! Never have and never do?

I just had this same problem today. I was at work when I passed gas and the oily yellow liquid came out. I had sea bass fish yesterday so this may be the cause of it I hope... I also vomited right afterwards.