I take Lamictal because I have epilepsy. I have taken it for about 15 years, and as far as I know, I have never had any major side effects (or at least ones that I’ve noticed). Yesterday morning I realized that I missed the dose I was supposed to take the night before (I take 225 in the morning and 200 at night). What’s worse, I didn’t realize it until 11am that morning, which is way past the time I should have taken the morning dose. I immediately took it and went about my day. After I had a shower, I had this weird out of body type experience with thoughts that didn’t make any sense (hard to explain). Then I was okay. We went out for dinner that evening, we ate a big meal (I was starving because all I had that day was breakfast). Once we got back into the car, I felt a huge wave of panic hit me. My heart felt like it was going to explode from beating so fast, I felt dizzy and I felt a wave of some kind of out of body experience. My hands were freezing and I felt so scared. I was worried that o would have a seizure. We stopped the car for a bit and then drove to a convenience store to get water because it was time for me to take my evening meds. I kind of calmed down after that, but started shivering and was cold. Then when we were almost cold, I felt like that again and also felt like I really needed to go to the toilet bad. Got home finally and hat to lay down cuz I was feeling so lousy. I took an Ativan (which was way beyond expiry date but it’s all I had) and went to bed. I couldn’t sleep and my stomach was bothering me, so I went to the bathroom and ended up having diarrhea. This happened twice. Then while I laid down, I felt cold then hot then felt weird (thoughts weren’t making sense), anxious and my heart was still beating fast. Eventually I was able to fall asleep. I feel a bit better this morning, but I’m tired as hell and still scared.

has anyone experienced this after missing a dose? Or is this something completely different? I have an appointment with my new neurologist in a couple weeks so we will see what she says, but I really hope I won’t go through this again. Sooo scary!