I am 62 years old man. I just 4 weeks ago came back from the hospital after replacing my main valve... Well First week didn`t do much, but I started the week after a 1/4 of a mile on a speed 1.8~2.0 on my treadmill, last week I went up to a 1/2 a mile and the speed now was speed 2.00and by the time I finish it gradually  turn it up to 2.5,.I hope I can get my voice back as I am a singer, so far I`m not very happy the way I sound(no long notes, get tired easy) I follow my doctors advises and the Coumadin(warfarin) Dr,......Watch out your diet .God be with you!!!   

Thank you for your input and I know things will get better for you as time goes on.  Many people I know have a new lease on life after their heart surgery.  They have more stamina and vigor now that their blood can easily course through their body and give the cells the oxygen they need.  It sounds like you are taking it steady and easy as far as the exercise goes.  You should do the same with the singing as well.  Everything will work out in time with a little patience and dedication.  I am glad you are progressing as you are; that should be encouraging to you as you get your life back.

Thank you and it is ! God bless!!