I'm sixteen and I been having ovarian cysts since I was in sixth grade. I had surgery to remove two cysts a year later. Then I was put on birth control and I wasn't supposed to have any periods on birth control but I did. The depo shots were supposed to take care of the cysts, but then I had one that ruptured last year. After I went off birth control and now I’m not having periods at all, but I still have ovarian cysts. I don't know what to do because I’ve been in pain on and off for the past two weeks. Please, I need information; can someone as young as me get ovarian cancer?

Yes, someone like you can have ovarian cancer. My 18 year old niece has it, it is unusual and rare but it can happen. She probably has had it for a year or more. She has gone thru the chemo treatment and she has been told all her cancer is gone. Her effects of chemo has been every light, but lost all her hair. Please get yourself to the doctor and get checked.

If you are at all worried go to the doctors. I had ovarian cancer in Aug 2004, i was 28. It started with an ovarian cyst that grew very quickly, in the end it was 36cm in diameter and weighed 2 stone. I was in a lot of pain with it. I know i'm a bit older than you but i was told it is unusual to have ovarian cancer so young but it does happen.