I have gone to a doctor for my regular pelvic examination four months ago. After she had examined me with ultrasound she has told me that I have ovarian cyst. She said that it is common type of ovarian cyst, follicular cyst. Since I had no pain or other symptoms she said that it will go away on its own for 1-3 months, and that she is going to monitor it and that it is not dangerous. But now, after the 4 months the cyst is still here and my doctor is on vacation. What can I do?

That kind of cyst is usually benign. I don’t know has your doctor perform the check what this cyst is containing. It can contain fluids or some harder materials like hair or even teeth. If it contains only fluids then it is a simple cyst and then it is benign. If it contains some other tissues then it is compound cyst. Also it is important to know does the cyst change shape or size. Monitoring is usually only treatment because it tends to go away, but sometimes the surgical procedure is needed. Laparoscopy or open laparotomy is often used. You must go to the doctor; if he is on vacation somebody has to replace him.