Hello. I'm 30 year old female and just recently, after months of abdominal cramps and painful menstrual periods, I was diagnosed with some condition called PCOS- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Doctor even told me that there are some long-term health risks associated with PCOS, but he didn’t tell me what?
Doctor didn’t know to explain what are my options now but just prescribed me some pain-killers and told me we should be monitoring this condition and see how it will develop.
I don’t know what caused this condition and what my options now are!
Anyone knows more about this!?

Hello. I was diagnosed with this condition about three years ago I will tell you my experience.
Classic PCOS ovaries have a "string of pearls" appearance with many cysts on it. The exact cause of this condition is unknown but there are some theories that it is genetic. It could be treated with medication but better and of course much more radical solution is operation of removing ovaries.
You see, for me, the operation of removing my ovaries wasn’t an option because I wanted to have more children and that’s why my doctor recommended me some older and safer metformin therapy. The medication is very good but it has some side effects like nausea and diarrhea. With time you will learn to use them in a middle of your meal and that’s how you will avoid all the unwanted side effects!

I suspect I have PCOS but have not been actually diagnosed with it. How do I know for sure? yes I have a Gyne and she just says I have many cysts on my ovaries and my periods are not regular and I have gained 40 lbs unusually fast but am not hairy so she says it is just age. I went for a 2nd opinion but that one just was concerned if I wanted kids. I said I already accepted the fact that I might never have kids because my other health issues and am not married yet so that is not my priority. My priority is my crazy moodiness and this weight gain that is expensive (keep having to buy new clothes and have tried shopping at 2nd hand but they don't seem to have my plus size ...)

Advice?I tried to make a new thread but it said I don't have enough points (I used to but have been away for awhile so I guess things have changed on here..)

hi there nikitagaz i also have pcos and very overweight, i have also now been referred to a obesity clinic but having pcos doesnt help and makes it alot harder to lose it too!, and like you i have accepted that i may never have children to breaks my heart really as im only 23 too xx