Hi, I’ve been overeating as a way to cope with everyday stress, emotional problems and dissatisfaction with myself. I’ve decided hundred times I wouldn’t do it anymore, but I can’t help it. What can be done to quit overeating permanently?

Hi, I overeat to feel better, but I only feel bloated all the time and use laxatives to help me. A person with an eating disorder battles with weight control. For overeaters the food is substitute for emotions, which they don’t know how to cope with. I also do binge eating –I can eat whole bread and a package of peanut cream or 1 kilo of chocolate ice-cream without stopping. I don’t care anymore if my family members see me doing it. They can’t believe what I’m capable to eat, and believe that I must be addicted to chocolate. I will start a therapy next month, actually more counseling on measures which learn how to accept emotions, and not take them as a fake sense of hunger.

Try drinking a cup of green tea with a squeezed lemon first thing in the morning. It can curb your appetite during the day. It works for me. It might work for you too. good luck!:-)