I am very well aware of the side effects of masturbation ( and don't tell there isn't any because I 've experienced some of it myself)

I've been masturbating since I was in seventh grade, and I didnt know then how bad it could be for your health. I didn't realize it until sophomore year in high school, but by then it was too late...i couldn't stop. It became an addiction, and its during that time that I started noticing the side effects, especially thinning hair and vision problem.

The thinning hair comes and goes, but it's the  vision that worries me...I know that a side effect of overmasturbation is blurry vision, so if i stop then my vision should come back to normal right?

I've never been able to stay two weeks without ejaculating whether it's voluntary or wet dreams. My question is if I am able to stop, for at least six weeks or more, will I be able to recover my eyesight...you only get two pairs of eyes and I can believe that I played with them.

and how long should it take for my body's chemical chemistry to get back to normal?

Thank You

Hi Tajha,

Your body IS NORMAL.  Masturbation does not cause any of the effects that you attribute it to.  Nocturnal emissions are normal and the result of a healthy individual with NORMAL testosterone levels.

If you weren't masturbating OR having wet dreams then there WOULD be a problem.

Your body is making semen and sperm whether you ejaculate or not. 

Hey guys. Tajha, I also don't consider over masturbation as an illness that could've brought such diseases as blurry vision and thinning hair. I think that your vision would've gotten bad even if you hadn't masturbated. Also, I highly doubt that your potential baldness could be caused by over masturbation. Hence, you should see eye specialist considering your eye sight, so that he could save your vision. And about your baldness, I think it is a natural occurrence. Has anyone in your family been bald? Your father or uncle? Don't worry, don't overmasturbate but don't be scared that these symptoms are because of that. 

I also get blurry vision after masturbating. (I'm female.) The blurry vision lasts (for me) anywhere between a couple minutes to an hour.

hi im dm 23 years old i had a the same problem with those who complaining about if over masturbating can lead us to thinning hair and blurred vision? i am experiencing this for almost 4 years it was way back 2009 that i started to lost my normal vision can i get back my normal vision if i minimie masturbating?

It is possible that masturbation and especially over-masturbation causes a decline in PDE-5 responsible for visual acuity both periferal and central.  Individuals with retinal degenerations such as in Macular Degeneration or Retinitis Pigmentosa, are advised not to use Viagra, Cialis or Levitra which are PDE-5 inhibitors. PDE-5 is the enzyme which is needed to prevent an erection after intercourse during the detumscence period of refraction after intercourse (the penile recovery period). The problem is that PDE-5 is also responsible for visual health. Many individuals with retinal issues have noticed a decline in vision after using these erection enhancers. Some see blue haze, some actually experience retinal degeneration after using ED enhancers. After this was discovered, the companies included visual problems in their contraindications. Masturbation could be having a similar effect on those with undiscovered retinal issues and/or with healthy individuals. Thus, masturbation could seriously impair visual function either temporarily (until the PDE-5 levels return to normal), or could damage the enzymatic mechanism and cause increasing debilitating blindness. Thus, there could be some truth to the saying that masturbation will make you blind.  A similar mechanism is involved in the maintenance of the hair follicles ... masturbation could increase the secretion and process of DHT (dyhydrotestosterone) which can cause baldness and even precipitate prostate cancer. The masturbatory process causes an increase of natural aromatase inhibitors which suppress testosterone, increase the production of DHT and thus cause baldness. There may be truth to the saying that masturbation causes ones vision to fade and hair to fall out. Chinese and Indian sources say that masturbation shortens the life by reducing the 'chi' or inner power essence (life essence). One's vision fails, hair falls out and even the teeth become loose in the gums. Spermatozoa are seen to contain life potency and reducing their number via excessive masturbation via watching pornography (according to Chinese and Indian mystics), causes blindness, the introduction of demonic entities and death leading to an eternity in a place called Gehenna (the Lake of Fire). Of course much of this is attributed to folklore, yet even for those bible-believing individuals, the Bible speaks of eternal perdition after death for those involved in this practice while in the unsaved spiritual state. The remedy would be John 3:3 and John 3:16 in the Western bible tradition ... in the Chinese/Indian tradition there is no remedy.

It is possible that masturbation and especially over-masturbation causes a decline in PDE-5 responsible for visual acuity both periferal and central. Individuals with retinal degenerations such as in Macular Degeneration or Retinitis Pigmentosa, are advised not to use Viagra, Cialis or Levitra which are PDE-5 inhibitors. PDE-5 is the enzyme which is needed to prevent an erection after intercourse during the detumscence period of refraction after intercourse (the penile recovery period). The problem is that PDE-5 is also responsible for visual health. Many individuals with retinal issues have noticed a decline in vision after using these erection enhancers. Some see blue haze, some actually experience retinal degeneration after using ED enhancers. After this was discovered, the companies included visual problems in their contraindications. Masturbation could be having a similar effect on those with undiscovered retinal issues and/or with healthy individuals. Thus, masturbation could seriously impair visual function either temporarily (until the PDE-5 levels return to normal), or could damage the enzymatic mechanism and cause increasing debilitating blindness. Thus, there could be some truth to the saying that masturbation will make you blind. A similar mechanism is involved in the maintenance of the hair follicles ... masturbation could increase the secretion and process of DHT (dyhydrotestosterone) which can cause baldness and even precipitate prostate cancer. The masturbatory process causes an increase of natural aromatase inhibitors which suppress testosterone, increase the production of DHT and thus cause baldness. There may be truth to the saying that masturbation causes ones vision to fade and hair to fall out. Chinese and Indian sources say that masturbation shortens the life by reducing the 'chi' or inner power essence (life essence). One's vision fails, hair falls out and even the teeth become loose in the gums. Spermatozoa are seen to contain life potency and reducing their number via excessive masturbation via watching pornography (according to Chinese and Indian mystics), causes blindness, the introduction of demonic entities and death leading to an eternity in a place called Gehenna (the Lake of Fire). Of course much of this is attributed to folklore, yet even for those bible-believing individuals, the Bible speaks of eternal perdition after death for those involved in this practice while in the unsaved spiritual state. The remedy would be John 3:3 and John 3:16 in the Western bible tradition ... in the Chinese/Indian tradition there is no remedy.

Aromatase inhibitors inhibit the production of estrogen in females. In males experiencing ED (erectile dysfunction) there would be a significant predominance of estrogen in their system and taking an aromatase inhibitor like DIM combined with beta glucan would somewhat reduce estrogen and increase testosterone production. In the male therefore, excessive masturbation would reduce testosterone, increase DHT and cause a reduction in PED-5 enzyme. The big question is: would not normal sexual activity do this? Why stigmatize the masturbation activity? :Upon further study, the masturbatory function, although appearing similar to coitus/copulation, does not produce the same chemical reaction in the human body. It has similar effects but not the same physiological consequences (though in the case of fornication, the same spiritual ones). Some would call masturbation, 'self-solitary fornication' since one is essentially having coitus with oneself (and imaginatory or pictoral pornographic images). The psychological implications of both activites are quite different with respect to personal guilt, recrimination, and.or the development of personal psychosis such as neurosis, sociopathy or in more acute cases psychopathy. In any case both activities (masturbatory and/or fornication) produce elements of social ostracization, ASPD and a host of other problems.

This subject has risen to the forefront of my concerns also. I myself started masturbating when I was fifteen. It was my first ejaculation and I too have been able to abstain for any given significant period of time. I have experienced both hair loss through receding hair line and blurry vision. I just awakened with this thought in my mind to research a remedy for this. Right now my vision is in a better condition than most times. I have not masturbated for over 24 hours. I also experience a period of mental lapse of concentration in the latter part of my day. Sometimes my mind just has a glitch to malfunction. I wait a few seconds and I come back to a somewhat functional state of mind. Even when I get rested well this may happen. I do believe this may be associated with masturbation. I am also diabetic. I know that these two subjects do not have a positive contribution for one or the other. My visual examination optometrist was disappointed with my retina and the area inside my pupil. He expressed his disappointment as if he knows just by examining my eyes that I masturbate. The only benefit I have found with masturbating is the momentary pleasure I feel. Immediately after I am done I feel guilty for not using my substance to copulate with some beautiful woman. I am a bit shy because of my penis size so I tend to not even bother trying to get laid for fear of embarrassing disappointment. I used to be more confident but in the latter years I have started to lose stamina and erectile potential. It has just been easier to masturbate as much as I despise it. My eye doctor stated that I could go blind if I don't take care of my future. I have tried to abstain from masturbation but I always fall prey to the temptation of such a convenient way to feel pleasure. At this point I don't really see how I can change my habit. I am married and my wife doesn't appear to be all that passionate about me any more. Some women seem to be able to detect when I am low in testosterone and others may seem oblivious to the issue. I am attracted to women outside my marriage mostly for sex, but I rescind on my pursuit prior to getting up to the plate to bat. When I do abstain from masturbation, I truly feel all my symptoms are relieved and visual acuity and mental/sexual stamina and functions are somewhat restored. I do believe there is a possibility for recovery from this quiet tragedy. I hope to generate feedback in order to accomplish this. I could go on and on about this problem, but I wouldn't want to over say my welcome. Will someone please respond.

Concerned 6 months ago, I had not read your post before I released mine a few minutes ago. I am now registered with SteadyHealth. I read your post and have been enlightened of the ramifications surrounding the consequences of masturbating. I am confident the information you shared is valid and reliable. I can apply it toward my better well being and efforts to abstain from masturbation. I thank you for sharing such information for me and other individuals with like circumstances as mine.

NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT MASTURBATION , EVEN OVERMASTURBATION GUYS,

SIMPLE CONCEPT; SEMEN IS CREATED FROM VITAMINS AND MINERALS FROM OUR BODY,

WHEN U MASTURBATE, THESE VITAMINS AND MINERALS ARE LOST IN THE FORM OF SEMEN

.  IF U MASTURBATE IRREGULARLY, U WILL BE LOSING ONLY LITTLE AMOUNT OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS, AND IF U MASTURBATE REGULARLY OR OVERMASTURBATE, IT MEANS U LOSE MORE AMOUNT OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS.

IN THE FORMER CASE, U HAVE TO TIME TO RESTORE THE LOST V & M, BUT IN LATER CASE , U DONT HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO RESTORE THE MORE AMT OF V & M , THUS

UR BODY STARTS CREATING ALL PROBLEMS, THESE PROBLEMS WILL ARISE FROM THE V & M NEEDED ORGANS, FOR E.,G., SEMEN HAS VITAMIN B12, AND VITAMIN A, IMPORTANTLY.

VITAMIN B12 (METHYLCOBALAMIN) IS NEEDED FOR NERVOUS, , IF U OVERMASTURBATE

YOU WILL INCUR NERVE PROBLEMS, SIMILARLY VITAMIN A FOR EYES.

SOLUTION TO ALL; IF U OVERMASTURBATE, JUST MASTURBATE, AND TAKE ALL THE V & M REQUIRED EITHER THRU QUALITY FOODS, BUT I RECOMMEND TO TAKE AS SUPPLEMENT

TABLETS AT LARGE DOSAGE, PROBLEM IS SOLVED.

SIMPLY, IF U OVERMASTURBATE, JUST BE PREPARED TO TAKE LARGE DOSAGES OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS. U WILL NOT INCURR ANY PROBLEM AT ALL.

IF U NEED HELP JUST MAIL ME.

This happened to me last year(November 7 2013) i masturbate 3xday for 4days and since Then i have headache and blur vision everyday until now that even glasses can't fix i know This is due to over Masturbation so i want to return to my normal self before i over Masturbate so i want to know if there's a treatment/medicine to over masturbationPlease everyday is like a nightmare to me headache and blur vision and fatigue                  

Please...

And sorry for my bad english i'm from Philipines

hey mate.... i've been experiencing a constant decline in my eyesight since the past 4 years... slight, but yea its there. Maybe not talking vitamin A? Or is it because i use my mob at night for i dunno, 3 hrs?

i have been masturbating for 45 years 3x a day. now have retina detachment. coincidence?

Actually I think you should stop BEFORE you need glasses.